NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
:love:

small

Never paint in a football shirt.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Does anyone know what the average shirt sponsorship deal is worth in the PL and Championship?

Don't know about the average but I spoke last season with a Newcastle fan who said theirs was £8m for 5 years. He reckoned that was such low value for the club they should have no sponsor or give the slot to a charity based in the North East.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
https://www.statista.com/statistics...ships-in-the-barclays-premier-league-by-club/

This is for the Premier League last season. Man City miles ahead with £67.5m.
We’re at the bottom (of those quoted) with £1.5m.
Outside the big 6 average is around 5-7m.

Think the figure quoted for us is spurious. We signed a new 10 year deal with America Express which commenced early in 21/22 I think and was reported to be £100m (10 year deal but paid over 12; it kicked in early.) Obviously that figure includes includes stadium and training centre naming rights and shirt sponsorship of all teams.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
[tweet]1543208887637221379[/tweet]

Hertha Berlin Nike home kit. Clues to our eventual shirt?

Hope not. Shockers both.

Have to agree. Really hope we don’t go with those.

Agree. Typical piss poor Nike efforts from a company that just doesn’t ‘get’ football. I hope to be proved wrong, but given Nike have gone for that ‘shoulder yoke’ design this year, I fear our stripes will also suffer a similar fate.

Still, I expect it will be our “best ever selling shirt” just like every one before it…

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Think the figure quoted for us is spurious. We signed a new 10 year deal with America Express which commenced early in 21/22 I think and was reported to be £100m (10 year deal but paid over 12; it kicked in early.) Obviously that figure includes includes stadium and training centre naming rights and shirt sponsorship of all teams.

That sounds about right.

The Albion’s total commercial income from all ‘partners’/sponsors is £8.3m per annum (per the most recent accounts). That would encompass Amex, Snickers and the 7 lounge sponsors.

It was £5.9m in our last Championship season.

CPFC2010’s is £10.7m. Presumably including Groupon and Sainsbury’s.

The biggest clubs are seeking £80m per annum from their next shirt sponsorship deals.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Oh my word! That's a bold one.

[tweet]1543867341381029889[/tweet]

Weirdly I like that.

Also, I notice that although they have a horrid betting sponsor on the men's and women's kits, they have a different sponsor for the kids. Admittedly it'd be better if they went the whole hog and got rid of Sportsbet entirely, but at least they've made the gesture

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Weirdly I like that.

Also, I notice that although they have a horrid betting sponsor on the men's and women's kits, they have a different sponsor for the kids. Admittedly it'd be better if they went the whole hog and got rid of Sportsbet entirely, but at least they've made the gesture

They probably didn't have a choice :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here