[Albion] New kit, with Amex sponsorship

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
006.jpg

Hope Liam gets to wear it next season as well.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
If you read Twitter everyone loves it, you come on here and everyone hates it.

Gus's fault sack him.

I love it and have pre ordered.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Not great news for the club's coffers the amount of people who seemingly won't be buying this shirt. How could the club get it so wrong? Did they hand the project over to a GCSE textiles student, or was it actually a paid professional who designed that?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Will never like the collar, but rest of it has grown on me a bit.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Never understand why clubs don't let fans have a say in the design of new shirts - after all, if the fans don't like it they're not going to buy it. How difficult would it be for the club to have, say, three or four proposed designs and let fans vote for the one they like best...?

Check out the current standings in the poll for your answer. Nearly as many people like it as those that don't. :shrug:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Agreed, the collar is particularly hideous -surely no-one likes that... What were they thinking?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Check out the current standings in the poll for your answer. Nearly as many people like it as those that don't. :shrug:

Yes, but perhaps they could have designed a shirt that the majority of fans actually like.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not the greatest in the world, but it'll grow hopefully. Probably won't buy it, as i'm not a fan of buying a shirt just for the one season.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Possibly the biggest shirt sponsor we have had since British Caledonian

American Express are a worldwide brand, British Caledonian were not - this is bar far the biggest sponsorship deal we have ever had. In fact there are not many bigger brands sponsoring in the Premiership. I believe that this is the first time Amex have ever sponsored a sports team anywhere. They have previously sponsored major US sporting events and had deal with organisations such as the NBA. This is huge for the club. Oh by the way the new shirt is slowly growing on me.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Awful - cant stand it. The blue shorts make it look even worse. Had they been White shorts it would have looked ok.

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
Unless the new away kit is ORANGE I won't be buying either next season.

I would put money on the away kit being plain yellow now as the trim on the home kit is yellow!

Im more worred that the kit is only for the 2013-14 season.3 home shirts needed in my household ££££££

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports