Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New iPads and stuff

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
t'other day I realised I could make a voice recording on my iPhone. I'd done it before but forgotten about this simple feature. How brilliant. What an excellent little function.

Until you get home and realise you can't get what you've recorded off your phone and on to your computer. SUCH A SIMPLE THING. Dicks.

edit: bit of a random rant I know, but, Apple chat + Recent Apple uselessness = the above

Do you mean a recording of a phone call ? I'm probably wrong but is it not illegal to record a phone call without telling the other person ? I don't know why I think that, but I have it in the back of my mind for some reason. I'm happy to be wrong on that one.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Do you mean a recording of a phone call ? I'm probably wrong but is it not illegal to record a phone call without telling the other person ? I don't know why I think that, but I have it in the back of my mind for some reason. I'm happy to be wrong on that one.

No, like a dictaphone. You can do it with ipod touches as well.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
You just transfer it back through iTunes. It's then stored in your iTunes library.

In fact, you're voice memos are probably already synced there. Go to your library, click genres, then Voice Memo and you might find them all there. If not, sync your iPhone. Easy.

I stand corrected. Thank you for that.

(still think it's a pain in the arse. Drag and drop everytime.)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

You should use voice dictation instead - it is amazingly accurate. Then you just email the resulting text to yourself (or use notes over iCloud, Evernote, Dropbox or something) to access it on a computer.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Mine does it automatically as I sync automatically when connected to wifi. I've got literally hundreds of these voicememo's as my kids are always messing about on their ipods which also sync to my iTunes.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Collect iPad Air last night. Must say I am not disappointed!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Is it like a bigger iPad mini?

Yes it is. Much lighter than the old iPad and runs a lot quicker too which you certainly notice in games like Real Racing 3.

Can't get a decent case for it yet though :eek:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Ipad is the best .

iPhone def not so good

Not sure what air is but can guarantee it will not come cheap as Apple has its followers .

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ipad is the best .

iPhone def not so good

Not sure what air is but can guarantee it will not come cheap as Apple has its followers .

Air is the new ipad. It's lighter, the screen is the same size, but the frame that holds it is smaller, so the ipad is slightly smaller itself. Better processor that is ideal for iOS7. No, I doubt it is particularly cheap.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm an amateur at this, but is it easy to sync your phone apps with iPad?!

Buying iPad air at the weekend...

How do you mean? If you just mean installing them, I think you can download them by accessing the purchases in the itunes store, or by just installing them through your itunes library.

If you mean link up so that what you do on the iphone with an app appears in that app on the ipad, it depends on the app. Some of them will pair up and carry across game progress, some will view each device as a separate user.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
How do you mean? If you just mean installing them, I think you can download them by accessing the purchases in the itunes store, or by just installing them through your itunes library.

If you mean link up so that what you do on the iphone with an app appears in that app on the ipad, it depends on the app. Some of them will pair up and carry across game progress, some will view each device as a separate user.

Ah, got ya RE the first paragraph, thanks! No doubt will be revisiting this thread no doubt with further questions!

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Yes, and all the recordings sync back to your iTunes. Which W.C. doesn't seem to realise.

It's the syncing thing that does my head in. I just want to transfer a file from the device that is plugged in to my computer, onto my computer. It should be so simple.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's the syncing thing that does my head in. I just want to transfer a file from the device that is plugged in to my computer, onto my computer. It should be so simple.

Why not use Dropbox?

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Thinking of getting an iPad as a Christmas family gift.

Not totally decided yet (I'm very much a PC and android person) but if I do go for one will need to decide between a normal iPad, an air or a mini.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can I have some advice pls? Looking to get the mrs an ipad mini (can only afford first one which will be more than adequate -16gb too) for Xmas and just seen they're down to £224 on Amazon. Was gonna wait to see if they appeared in black Friday on Amazon or if they dropped when new ones released on . 22nd Nov but this seems a v gd price?! Also worried about returning it if any probs and I buy now (ie Xmas 2 months away)... what to do..!?!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here