Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New iPads and stuff

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Or people who know a quality product that delivers.

2262820205.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sold to about 50 million unique customers. Apple have definitely cornered the fashion victim techno douchebag market.

Strange how the whole Apple thing is so divisive, and gets people so angry/upset/opinionated/or whatever they get.

I bought an iPad (2) when they first came out, it lasted well, it outlasted my brothers Nexus 7 which he bought after I bought my ipad 2, he decided it wasn't up to the job, so he's now 'upgraded' to a Nexus 10. He still can't get it to hold a decent Skype conversation with me, he tends to borrow his wife's ipad 2 to Skype with. I'll buy another ipad when this one no longer does what I want it to.

Might be a strange analogy, but 50m unique customers, what's wrong with that (if it's in any way accurate)? Proves that people like what they buy, and continue to do so.

Liken it to a car, people change cars every few years, maybe I'm fortunate as I change mine every 2-3. I used to drive Fords, several of them, changed every 2 years by my company, for another Ford. Then I got a different job and they provided me a German car, and whist I realised it did exactly what my Fords had done, I preferred it. I've since opted out of company cars and personally bought four more of the same brand (3 of the same model), they are supremely reliable, and I doubt I'll ever go back to the Ford. Like I said before the Fords did everything I asked of them, and the current Mondeo is very highly regarded I understand. However, if I buy a German brand, the ticket price might be a little higher, however, the future value is much higher, hence the payments are no more than they would be for the Ford, and it is more reliable, and I prefer it.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I'm apple through & through but today was bollocks, IMO obviously :) Why not compare iPad 3 to the new models?

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Maverick is out, downloaded it overnight. Looking forward to playing with it on my old MacBook tonight. Wouldn't mind a new iPad Mini, but will probably go for a Nexus 7. All this written on my trusty iPad 2 whilst, texting on my LG Android at the same time! Horses for course!! No bias from me :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not particularly an Apple person, would never buy an iPhone, but love my iPad and probably use it 3 hours every day for all sorts of things. Would miss it if I didn't have it.

This. I love my iPad2. Love it.

I probably use it for at least a couple of hours a day. It is my alarm clock, my games console, my e-mail machine, my digital radio, my music player, and my internet machine.

I also use it to make notes in meetings (with the on screen keyboard), to write doscuments (using a £20 bluetooth keyboard), to keep a calendar/diary, and to make reliable facetime calls to family in Canada.

Worth every penny I paid for it.

What I would say, is that I'm no upgrade sheep, though. We helped our lad to buy the new one last year (4) and I really can't see that its significantly different.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
This. I love my iPad2. Love it.

I probably use it for at least a couple of hours a day. It is my alarm clock, my games console, my e-mail machine, my digital radio, my music player, and my internet machine.

I also use it to make notes in meetings (with the on screen keyboard), to write doscuments (using a £20 bluetooth keyboard), to keep a calendar/diary, and to make reliable facetime calls to family in Canada.

Worth every penny I paid for it.

What I would say, is that I'm no upgrade sheep, though. We helped our lad to buy the new one last year (4) and I really can't see that its significantly different.

Indeed, I won't upgrade for the sake of it, but it's nice to know there's one out there when I want one. My only gripes with my current one is the battery time and the weight, and looks like the weight issue is improved. To be fair, I mostly use it on the train and put it on the table, bit I did have to stand on the train this week, and it was a bit heavy after a while.

I don't play games at all, but I do 'net work research while I'm travelling, plus other learning, such as guitar music theory, and occasionally watch a TV prog (really makes the commute go quicker).

Can't use it for work as such - although if we had WiFi on the train I could remote on to my office PC and do some (screen would be rather small for s/w development though, but then I normally use 2 widescreen monitors).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here