[Albion] *new* Europa League Limited Edition "Pavilion" Kit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Angry that I’ve just spent £73 on a shirt for my grandson for them to announce now yet another shirt which I’m sure he would have preferred. Another step further away between club and fans

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The new kits were £60 this season - up from £55 last season.
The badges included in this "special kit" are the equivalent of 2 x £5 (although you have to have them) - hence £70. So its no different - you could argue than the price of a normal kit. its still 70 quid and its still Albion deciding they need FOUR Kits for the season .
Player / numbers is presumably £15 extra. as per "normal".
Not sure where you're seeing this badges included option.
I had to choose the badges as a separate item for an additional £10.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I am not a football shirt person, and haven’t had one probably for 20 years. But this is tempting. How’s the fit , it says ‘slim fit’ so size up to a normal T-shirt ?
Just bouncing this question as I’m interested if anyone knows. I did hear to go a size up for this years shirts.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I mean, i'm broke. I've been telling my Mrs not to spend money (yeh, like that's going to work).

But F me. That is the most beautiful thing i've ever seen

Awkward conversation incoming

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
It's massively overpriced and is 100% there to make the club a lot of money.

BUT to people who want it and are happy to pay that kind of money, everyone's a winner.

Those who don't want to buy it don't have to buy it.

I want it but can't justify £70 on a football shirt... would totally consider if/when it goes on sale though. It's an exceptional shirt.
Well done, you’ve said something I agree with. If it excites people with spare cash, fair enough — I’m not going to tell them that my preferences are better than theirs. My one major disappointment is the design — colour and lack of stripes which to me are a fundamental part of Brighton's identity just as hoops are to Celtic or QPR. If Dortmund come to the Amex in a later round and play in a minty green kit instead of yellow and black I’ll feel let down.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Angry that I’ve just spent £73 on a shirt for my grandson for them to announce now yet another shirt which I’m sure he would have preferred. Another step further away between club and fans
I'm not sure it's another step away, as you suggest, but I think your comment is otherwise valid.

A lot of people will have already bought a shirt, choosing from what they believed to be the full range of options for this season. This one then drops and although I'm not a shirt buyer, I can see why a lot of folk may have chosen this one if they were going to buy just the one shirt. It's an expensive purchase.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Just tried to order one but it’s UK delivery only.

Oh well😢

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m amazed. The club come out with an iconic commemorative shirt for our first ever season in a European competition and yet people still moan. Really, would it have been better if the club had done nothing at all? If you don’t like the shirt, or don’t like the principle of marketing something new it’s quite simple - don’t buy it. :shrug:
Don’t be so precious. It’s ok if people have different points view and/or see as further pressure on cash strapped wallets for what is after all funding multi-millionnaires. Perfectly ok for people to voice opinions, there’s never been a kit launch in history that every fans liked and never will be!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Says they have stock and you check out and it says it has gone out of stock

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We played in Green and White originally as Brighton United (the precursor to BHAFC) in 1899/1900. We've also had green away kits several times in the last few decades. We've had all white shirts in 74/75 , 70/71, and we didn't have stripes at all for much of the early 70s and the 80s.
I deliberately said 'most', not 'all', for a very good reason. It was accurate and correct - even overall for the 1970s. Hated the second-hand Chelsea strip we had in the first division too.
I'm not bothered about what Brighton United (not us!) played in, and I'm not bothered about away shirts either - except I don't think we should wear them except when there's a genuine colour clash.
We are the Albion; we are the Seagulls; we are the blue-and-white stripes!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports