Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new caterers hit or miss

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Did anyone really think that the caterers would get it absolutely, on-the-nail right first time?

I mean - REALLY?

Talk about getting a bee in your bonnet...
Are you trying to wind people up?

I don't care what people expected, I'm concerned about what they got.

They got the same shit service and lack of stock that we have had for the last two years.

People like you make things worse by excusing the inexcusable.

The list of products is a range of pies, burgers and hot dogs. How can any sensible catering outlet get that wrong?

Next time I hear anyone from the Albion going on about Financial Fair Play and the effects it will have on the Albion I'm going to treat it with a very large pinch of salt.

Which is all they had left on Saturday.

TB

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are you trying to wind people up?

I don't care what people expected, I'm concerned about what they got.

They got the same shit service and lack of stock that we have had for the last two years.

People like you make things worse by excusing the inexcusable.

The list of products is a range of pies, burgers and hot dogs. How can any sensible catering outlet get that wrong?

Next time I hear anyone from the Albion going on about Financial Fair Play and the effects it will have on the Albion I'm going to treat it with a very large pinch of salt.

Which is all they had left on Saturday.

TB

Whilst your tone is a little harsh you have hit the nail on the head here.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
And I would just like to ask the question as to why on their first outing not one boss was to be seen anywhere?

They should have been on site sorting out the mess.

TB

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
And I would just like to ask the question as to why on their first outing not one boss was to be seen anywhere?

TB

You've actually answered your own question with your second sentence.

When I worked in the airline industry, whenever the sh*t hit the fan, management used to run for cover and could never be found when a critical choice needed to be made. Its a common management trait. Its easier to let the cannon fodder on the front line take all the flak from Joe Public.

Its quite apparent Sodexo Management adopted this strategy on Saturday night.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
My take is that the food quality started out ok with Azure it was just the service that let it down.
Then when the service didn't improve there seemed to be a drop in quality which then got worse with every change.
Now we seem to be increasing prices but lowering quality and quantity.

It would be better for the club to split out some of the catering to smaller operators running 1 or 2 lounges if possible

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Do you think it's unreasonable to expect staff to understand English, have a basic knowledge of the products they are selling and to know how to operate a till?

I mean - DO YOU?

My daughter worked her way up to serving in 'Directors' and giving the players & Gus their pre-match meals in the first season--after two years at catering college.
She was so good she was soon given the boot and her job was given to a sixteen year old with no experience.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Do you think it's unreasonable to expect staff to understand English, have a basic knowledge of the products they are selling and to know how to operate a till?

I mean - DO YOU?
Is this because Sodexho are advertising for casuals instead of a part time fixed term contract ? Uni students would be more interested if they knew they had 25 shifts or so over the course of the football season. With minimum wage rising to £6.31 for adults and £5.03 for 18-20 year olds in October does this impact on recruiting local staff so they have to resort to taking on those with English as a second or third language ? This would make the basic training more difficult to deliver.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My daughter worked her way up to serving in 'Directors' and giving the players & Gus their pre-match meals in the first season--after two years at catering college.
She was so good she was soon given the boot and her job was given to a sixteen year old with no experience.

On half the wages no doubt.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Having read this thread right the way through there is a remarkable sense of deja vu.

As a group of life long fans with five 1901 seats (profile Lounge) we have decided to eat in Brighton restaurants or the Swan (depending on whether we are entertaining clients, ourselves family/friends). The conscious decision has been taken not to spend a single penny on catering at the Amex next season. The £90 offer is just mad, especially when at least a couple of people will be driving, none will want a 'corporate gift', the capacity for disappointment re the quality of food and service will be enormous, and of course we have already paid for the seats. The £14 offer could be of interest if it wasn't for the fact that past experiences and last sat night means that no one has any expectation that the club think that £14 would justify serving anything edible. We have simply given the club the benefit of the doubt too many times already.

The 2013/14 plan is to eat before hand, arrive 10 mins before KO and leave at FT (rather than stay and spend money in the lounge). I reckon that's around £3250 that collectively we will spend elsewhere rather than at the Amex. And frankly I don't care any more. They have completely and utterly lost my goodwill.

This of course has nothing to do with the footy itself and I agree Phil, I really feel for Paul Rodgers who deserves much better from the club.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Is this because Sodexho are advertising for casuals instead of a part time fixed term contract ? Uni students would be more interested if they knew they had 25 shifts or so over the course of the football season. With minimum wage rising to £6.31 for adults and £5.03 for 18-20 year olds in October does this impact on recruiting local staff so they have to resort to taking on those with English as a second or third language ? This would make the basic training more difficult to deliver.

You don't appear overly optimistic about our cup runs this season :jester:

ole ole ole vicente

Aug 6, 2012
And interestingly no response from the club or caterers yet. I hope there is and quickly. Do they value feedback. Do they act on it. Over to you Mr barber or sodexo

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

I am really sorry to hear that, i hope she is in full employment with a top reference from Azure under her belt. I think this optimises the lack of care, attention and sight beyond the bottom line these types of company's have.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Whilst not eating in the 1901 club I think that the general range of goods available to the punters in the concourses is very poor and until that is improved the sales will not improve so consequently neither will the revenue generated.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I will be interested to hear how you get on getting your £20 back. Good luck.

I am not to sure what to do as it says it is loaded on my card and I have a mail confirming I put £20 on it.

Thought I would wait for ask the club to re-open

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010

TB

You've actually answered your own question with your second sentence.

When I worked in the airline industry, whenever the sh*t hit the fan, management used to run for cover and could never be found when a critical choice needed to be made. Its a common management trait. Its easier to let the cannon fodder on the front line take all the flak from Joe Public.

Its quite apparent Sodexo Management adopted this strategy on Saturday night.

I wasn't at the game so I don't know what managers were there but I'd have expected senior operational people from the club to be all over the operations too. Afterall, given the problems we've had in just 2 season; how important it is to the wider travel plans for the stadium; the income it generates and the goodwill that it seems to lose the club every game, you'd have thought that they'd want to be fairly hand-on in the first few weeks to help overcome any teething troubles and impart some hard earnt advice to Sodexo that's been gained over the first two seasons.

On the plus side we'll all be a lot fitter given the pints and pies we won't be eating over the coming months!:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here