Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Never a red + we had boro bricking it

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Never a red in my eyes, came so close. Still believe we'll win the playoffs.

Blue_Boy

Apr 26, 2016
North Of The Wall
Just seen it from several angles on Sky as opposed to as it happened in 'real time' when I was fuming at Dale for what seemed a high, dangerous challenge. Now it's more than debatable if there was any intent. Both players are totally focussed on winning the ball!

It was a yellow at most - the majority of refs would've shown a yellow including the hapless Dean who originally did. What disgusts me is Ramirez's reaction which influenced a red. If a player isn't allowed to lay a hand on a ref how does knocking a card out of his hand rate? The same in my book

Once he'd shown Dean the result of the collision (follow through with no intention to foul IMHO) Ramirez had conned him & out came the red. Disgusting behaviour. The only act of intent was by that cheat Ramirez to ensure Stephens walked

We were iffy & far from on form but they were no better. With eleven v eleven at 1-1 I feel we'd have done them. We must appeal quickly about the red before Friday. Also Ramirez HAS to be penalised for grabbing at the ref's arm & knocking the yellow card out of it? Did he have shin pads on? If no another offence

I'll still back us to beat Sheff We'd but Wembley worries me if several players don't perform in the same way they were greatly under par today. I was worried about Knockaert. He was far too hyper & worked up. I could see him getting a red & with 9 we'd be finished

Last edited:

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I've watched it multiple times.

Not a red and the ref didn’t think so either, until he saw the cut on Ramirez leg. Which IMO he should not have let influence him.

I was confident that the ref and officials would be decent, but once that initial slide tackle of Stephens was deemed a foul I was concerned.

Just to add to it, Stephens was MOTM until he was wrongly sent off.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So it was a yellow. The ref had a yellow in his hand. The Middlesbrough flower rolled his sock down, and knocked the yellow card out of the ref's hand.

Why is a red card now fair, and why is knocking the card out of the ref's hand allowed ?

ClaretMatt

Nov 19, 2015
Stills don't lie. Or so you all said.

9392db850f1be87a662564a93168212d.jpg

Thug, get him sent to Burnley on the cheap.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It was a yellow at most - the majority of refs would've shown a yellow including the hapless Dean who originally did. What disgusts me is Ramirez's reaction which influenced a red. If a player isn't allowed to lay a hand on a ref how does knocking a card out of his hand rate? The same in my book

Once he'd shown Dean the result of the collision (follow through with no intention to foul IMHO) Ramirez had conned him & out came the red. Disgusting behaviour. The only act of intent was by that cheat Ramirez to ensure Stephens walked

We were iffy & far from on form but they were no better. With eleven v eleven at 1-1 I feel we'd have done them. We must appeal quickly about the red before Friday. Also Ramirez HAS to be penalised for grabbing at the ref's arm & knocking the yellow card out of it? Did he have shin pads on? If no another offence

Woah there! What are you saying... From a couple of pictures I have seen it definitely looks like no shin pads.
Is that an offence? I didn't know that. Is that the case?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Ah, but what happens a second before does not matter. Especially if it involves the other player. So it's decreed.

Oh you're going back to that theory that Kayal put his leg in poor ickle Joey's way so he had to stamp on it are you?
The lamest of defences of a player ever heard on this board.( which puts it up there as a candidate for lamest defence in the world)

Rewind that frame back and Kayal is being sent sprawling by Joey pushing him over because Kayal has beaten him to the ball again..

You've won the championship today (assuming you're not Palace). Go and celebrate...

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Ah, but what happens a second before does not matter. Especially if it involves the other player. So it's decreed.

Honestly m8 why are you here? You're promoted, so go celebrate with your tadpole friends. Just because you hate little ol' Brighton for daring to be so high in the table after spending little compared to you...

Also Burnley can **** off

DavePage

Surely it was Rameriz that had mistimed the tackle or whatever you wanted to call it.
Stephens got the ball, Rameriz was not near the ball
What was going on in the 6th minute of added time? When their assistant coach tried to stop us getting the ball.
League investigation please and one point deducted. Or will it be job done and a retrospective fine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here