Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Never a red + we had boro bricking it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ref sees studs up and that's that.

So ref influences outcome of a massive game by an incorrect red card. What is your point? Everybody knows the ref sent Stephens off, this is a thread discussing the consequences :rolleyes:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Refs have to make on the spot decisions and get some wrong, sadly this was one of them.

The ref made an on the spot decision. yellow card.. 5 yards away.. I can accept that.
What I don't accept is changing it to red after being shown the injury. No way is that the correct decision making process.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Not one Boro player was given a card by Dean. Not sure what to make of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The ref made an on the spot decision. yellow card.. 5 yards away.. I can accept that.
What I don't accept is changing it to red after being shown the injury. No way is that the correct decision making process.

This.

I don't buy the 'he took advice from the linesman' argument - although I'm sure that's what they will major on afterwards. He clearly looks at the wound and gives a red based on that.

Yes, he had to make a snap decision. He decided yellow - I think even that was wrong - and now they have to be honest and say that on review that snap decision was wrong.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
This.

I don't buy the 'he took advice from the linesman' argument - although I'm sure that's what they will major on afterwards. He clearly looks at the wound and gives a red based on that.

Yes, he had to make a snap decision. He decided yellow - I think even that was wrong - and now they have to be honest and say that on review that snap decision was wrong.

Watch Dean after he issues the red card our players are questioning the decision and he starts pointing to Ramirez leg. I think the footage clearly shows he issues the red for the injury not the tackle. Also as I mentioned in another thread if Dean is relying on a linesman to make a decision he is 5 yards from he is not fit to officiate

Given we are preparing for a game in 5 days time when will we know the outcome of the appeal? That's what is making me so angry about this decision the possibility that shocking decision dents our playoff hopes as well as significantly influencing the outcome of yesterday's match

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Watch Dean after he issues the red card our players are questioning the decision and he starts pointing to Ramirez leg. I think the footage clearly shows he issues the red for the injury not the tackle. Also as I mentioned in another thread if Dean is relying on a linesman to make a decision he is 5 yards from he is not fit to officiate

Given we are preparing for a game in 5 days time when will we know the outcome of the appeal? That's what is making me so angry about this decision the possibility that shocking decision dents our playoff hopes as well as significantly influencing the outcome of yesterday's match

Agree with that.

There should be a decision today. Will there? I have no idea.

MattyC

May 12, 2013
Has anyone noticed he wasn't wearing shin pads and if he was they were obviously well to small for him?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is it in the FA's power to save face and reduce the ban to 1 match ?

Why the f##k should Brighton accept that! Wake up, not even a foul.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Is it in the FA's power to save face and reduce the ban to 1 match ?

Don't think so... Pretty sure it's either rescinded or upheld, outside chance of an additional 1 match ban if considered a frivolous appeal.

I suspect they will "save face" by not adding to the ban...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Has anyone noticed he wasn't wearing shin pads and if he was they were obviously well to small for him?

Yes it has been mentioned many times, someone posted that the shin pads were the size of an iPhone ( 4 I'm guessing) :)

He probably did have shin pads in but they were as useless as a chocolate tea pot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here