Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Network Rail - Disgsracefully inconsiderate . At around 4:45 this morning these ......

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I have lived next to one railway line or other almost all my life and the "works night" is an annual event... floodlights, gangs of workers shouting to each other, heavy equipment and the rail scraping engine (or whatever the f*ck it does) following at walking pace.

Its part and parcel of having a railway! Don't like it... move! I'm sure the bloody railway was there before you were!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
To clarify, trains were running Hove - H Heath, just the one I wanted to catch was cancelled......

A couple of the shuttles were cancelled due to a loss of signalling at Brighton. The buses did leave at the same time, but 1 was fast and 1 was a stopper.

There was reduced line capacity due to the work, hence why an hourly shuttle ran.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Network Rail - Disgsracefully inconsiderate . At around 4:45 this morning the...

I'm sure HB&B would have mentioned it if the residents had been warned in advance. But there is nothing so urgent that on a line already closed for the day, they had to do it there and then. Simply not buying this at all, they were out of order starting that early. You'd feel differently in HB&Bs shoes.

Certainly hasn't been ruled out as a possibility. Where was Ernest when the work was being done? All I'm saying..

We have a line at the bottom of the garden and it's true there have been several overnight works that woke us in the past 38 years, we tend to roll over as try and get back to sleep, it's got to be done every now and then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here