Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Network Rail - Disgsracefully inconsiderate . At around 4:45 this morning these ......

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
burning-bed.jpg

hove born&bred's bed at 4:56 this morning.

He sleeps in a very bare room doesn't he?, how did he know it was 4.45 or 4.55?, there isn't a bedside clock.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree with the OP. I'd be pissed off at that too. What happened to Sunday being a day of rest?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
......utter utter barstads were using cutting equipment over or around South Road tunnel.

Waking up most of us hard working people in and around Preston Village before dawn on a Sunday morning.

Don't you mean you were woken up by hard working people out and about before dawn on a Sunday morning?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Spot the similarities :

Person moves to a house near a railway line that was there well before they moved in and then complains about the noise.
Person moves to a house near a temporary football stadium that was there well before they moved in and then complains about the noise.

???

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If you choose to live within earshot of a busy railway line then you have to expect these things from time to time, No sympathy from me I'm afraid.

Hang on. I imagine the only reason you would live close enough to a railway line such that you could hear maintenance work is because you couldn't afford to live anywhere decent. Leave the man alone.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
4:45 is far too early to be using cutting equipment, it is generally a pretty twattish thing to do. I would deffinitely be complaining about that, living by a railway line has nothing to do with it - it is out of order to use loud equipment at that time of day.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Unconfirmed photo of HB&B earlier this morning...

david_harper_1246979c.jpg

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I think they should have done it around 7.30am on a Monday personally.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
......utter utter barstads were using cutting equipment over or around South Road tunnel.

Waking up most of us hard working people in and around Preston Village before dawn on a Sunday morning.

What a stupid thing to complain about, contact the rail company and get them to do it 9am Monday when you will be up and awake, sure it won't be a problem

At least HB&B doesn't have Network Rail contractors parking their vehicles all over his front lawn, playing music all night, chucking food detritus all over the place, and a six mile road diversion if he wants to get to or from his home while the work is in progress - a regular occurrence at Bracknell Towers throughout the past six months.

Incidentally ... Network Rail do a good line in apologetic letters, but the problems seem to persist.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What a stupid thing to complain about, contact the rail company and get them to do it 9am Monday when you will be up and awake, sure it won't be a problem

How would you like to be woken up before 5am on a sunday by inconsiderate workmen? They have no right to be doing works at that time of the day, it isn't acceptable.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
How would you like to be woken up before 5am on a sunday by inconsiderate workmen? They have no right to be doing works at that time of the day, it isn't acceptable.

When should they do it then oh wise one? During the day time when trains are running? Prompting Bed&Breakfast to open a thread about another disruption to the trains?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here