Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Network Rail - Disgsracefully inconsiderate . At around 4:45 this morning these ......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When should they do it then oh wise one? During the day time when trains are running? Prompting Bed&Breakfast to open a thread about another disruption to the trains?

They've closed the line all day today. I'm sure they could have done quieter work until 7am which is a decent hour to wake up on a Sunday morning.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
They've closed the line all day today. I'm sure they could have done quieter work until 7am which is a decent hour to wake up on a Sunday morning.

Absolutely not, when you relay railway track has to be done in a very specific order.
The railway line has been there since 1841 and will be there a lot longer providing a
useful service to society, do you?

If you don't like it move!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Absolutely not, when you relay railway track has to be done in a very specific order. The railway
line has been there since 1841 and will be there a lot longer providing a useful service to society,
do you?

If you don't like it move!

I don't live near a railway line.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
If workmen turned up at 4 45 on a sunday morning and started digging up the road with pneumatic drills would those without any sympathy for Hove Born and Bred say to themselve "thats what you get if you live next to a road".

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Rail works are VERY complex and cost a hell of a lot of money and are planned to a tee, they MUST take place during the night as there is no other time - even during a full weekend possession. If the work overnight isnt done, then you can be certain work WILL overrun onto Monday morning.

Also, im pretty sure train horns and probably actual trains are louder than their equipment......

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Who do I complain to about these workmen only starting a 4.45 am ? They should have been working all through the night.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
There is no justification at all for using loud equipment at that time of the morning, at the very least without proper notice and apology.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
At the end of the day hove born and bred is not dead and the world did not stop spinning, 1st world problem

10'000 +! Dead from a storm.

With the greatest respect to those who have lost their lieves, it has absolutely nothing at all to do with workmen on a trainline at 5am, and to he frank, I think it is nonsense to link it.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
There is no justification at all for using loud equipment at that time of the morning, at the very least without proper notice and apology.

Either it's works that everyone has had months of notice about or emergency works that have to be carried out as and when. Whether they have cutting equipment or not men working on the line during the night is always noisy, these things do not fix themselves.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If workmen turned up at 4 45 on a sunday morning and started digging up the road with pneumatic drills would those without any sympathy for Hove Born and Bred say to themselve "thats what you get if you live next to a road".

No I'd say to myself " If they're digging up the road at that time on a Sunday morning there must be an important reason for it so fair play to them "

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Either it's works that everyone has had months of notice about or emergency works that have to be carried out as and when. Whether they have cutting equipment or not men working on the line during the night is always noisy, these things do not fix themselves.

I'm sure HB&B would have mentioned it if the residents had been warned in advance. But there is nothing so urgent that on a line already closed for the day, they had to do it there and then. Simply not buying this at all, they were out of order starting that early. You'd feel differently in HB&Bs shoes.

I hear they brought their quiet equipment then switched to the loud when they heard who lived nearby.

Certainly hasn't been ruled out as a possibility. Where was Ernest when the work was being done? All I'm saying..

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm sure HB&B would have mentioned it if the residents had been warned in advance. But there is nothing so urgent that on a line already closed for the day, they had to do it there and then. Simply not buying this at all, they were out of order starting that early. You'd feel differently in HB&Bs shoes.

Have you considered that they didn't actually start at that time of the morning? What was going on at that time on a Sunday morning was just a part of a long job that started in the early hours of Saturday morning and would carry on through until early hours of Monday morning.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Accepting that this 'improvement' work needs to happen, why do they make such a shambles of it? To get to Twickenham on Saturday, we set out from SBS looking at having to change at Hove, Haywards Heath and Clapham. Why, assuming that the line was closed between Brighton and Preston Park, were the usual 2 an hour direct trains to Victoria not running? Just bizarre. Hove - H Heath cancelled, on to Brighton to board the bus - 2 buses running at the same time, both stopped at all stations, predictably only a couple of people got on or off at each one. Really annoying and just a total shambles. I'm all ears though if someone's got a decent explanation....

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Accepting that this 'improvement' work needs to happen, why do they make such a shambles of it? To get to Twickenham on Saturday, we set out from SBS looking at having to change at Hove, Haywards Heath and Clapham. Why, assuming that the line was closed between Brighton and Preston Park, were the usual 2 an hour direct trains to Victoria not running? Just bizarre. Hove - H Heath cancelled, on to Brighton to board the bus - 2 buses running at the same time, both stopped at all stations, predictably only a couple of people got on or off at each one. Really annoying and just a total shambles. I'm all ears though if someone's got a decent explanation....

This is just a hunch, but could it be because the line from Hove to Victoria joins the main line between Brighton and Preston Park?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here