Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Not long now until the highly-anticipated series, Bodies.

It’s based on the mind-bending graphic novel by Si Spencer, and is described as a police procedural with a twist. When a body – the same body – is found on Longharvest Lane in London’s East End in 1890, 1941, 2023 and 2053, one detective from each period must investigate.

As connections are drawn across the decades, the detectives soon discover their investigations are linked, and an enigmatic political leader – Elias Mannix (Stephen Graham) – becomes increasingly central. Did he have a part to play in the murder? Or is something far more sinister at play? To solve the mystery, our four detectives must somehow collaborate and uncover a conspiracy spanning over 150 years.

It starts next week, 19th October.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I’ve just watched Lupin S3 and the David Beckham documentary. Lupin felt a bit forced this season, unlike the first 2 seasons, but the wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the Beckham show. I was mid teens when he went through a lot of his original strife and remember the absolutely canning he got for months on end - to come through it really took a lot of courage and I think that shone through.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ordinary Men. About how German policeman carried out the mass murders in ww2. Very thought provoking especially in recent days

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I’ve just watched Lupin S3 and the David Beckham documentary. Lupin felt a bit forced this season, unlike the first 2 seasons, but the wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the Beckham show. I was mid teens when he went through a lot of his original strife and remember the absolutely canning he got for months on end - to come through it really took a lot of courage and I think that shone through.
Just started the new series of Lupin and it's still good fun. I can't be arsed to watch anything about Beckham as he ceased to be a footballer and became a business opportunity long ago.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I really enjoyed beckham. He is just a few years older than me so it was great remembering all the big moments in his life and what I was up to at the time. I had forgotten just how badly he was treated after 98. That 98/99 season I was at uni and one of my housemates was a professional Manc and he loved United, so followed it all quite closely.

That Greece goal was such an amazing moment.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I really enjoyed beckham. He is just a few years older than me so it was great remembering all the big moments in his life and what I was up to at the time. I had forgotten just how badly he was treated after 98. That 98/99 season I was at uni and one of my housemates was a professional Manc and he loved United, so followed it all quite closely.

I did love that they combed over the 10 free kicks that were utter trash before he scored the equaliser.

But I felt the same. I remember after 98 thinking he’d made a mistake, but it wasn’t worth all the hassle he was getting. Looks even more ridiculous now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Somehow managed to miss Traffic, released 2000, in the cinema. It won 4 Oscars. And here it is on Netflix. Impressive all-star cast incl Benicio Del Toro, Michael Douglas, Dennis Quaid, Catherine Zeta-Jones. Interlocking stories on The War On Drugs. Very very watchable

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
391728105_10161505633406177_642823974325842999_n.jpeg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just finished S1E1 of Bodies. Not quite doing it for me I'm afraid. Will prob stick with it to the end just to see how it plays out, but it just looks to be trying too hard. Not a single believable character that you care about what happens to them, plus it seems to have been pre-vetted by the woke police to ensure that appropriate messages for the period(s) are shoehorned in at every opportunity. To sum up: it's a bit of a stinker really

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just finished S1E1 of Bodies. Not quite doing it for me I'm afraid. Will prob stick with it to the end just to see how it plays out, but it just looks to be trying too hard. Not a single believable character that you care about what happens to them, plus it seems to have been pre-vetted by the woke police to ensure that appropriate messages for the period(s) are shoehorned in at every opportunity. To sum up: it's a bit of a stinker really
I'm on episode 6. I agree with you that the first episode was hard work but imo it has got better with each passing episode. There's no way I'd call it a stinker anyway.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

We watched episode 1 yesterday - found it intriguing, and we are looking forward to seeing how it continues.

The lack of Stephen Graham in this episode suggests that it is very much a stage-setter.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
3 facts that are not so fondly remembered

It was only a draw at home to Greece, in the main, a poor result
We still needed a favour from Finland against Germany to qualify (despite thrashing the germans 1-5)
Germany still qualified anyway and got to the final

So, a brilliant free kick but ultimately meaningless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here