Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The 1981 Edward Kidd film ‘Riding High’ has just dropped on Flix. If you like appalling acting and our Eddie whizzing endlessly about on his tinny Suzuki 125 (?) this is definitely the one for you.

Aug 21, 2011
First rule of Flix Club - if it’s got a large ‘N’ on the preview graphic you might want to give it a swerve.

:wink:
This is so True, I cancelled my Netflix some months ago due to the crap on there (My opinion), but did make a special effort to avoid any Netflix made shows prior to this. The Tipping point for me was the last season of Stranger things, so drawn out, yawn.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Glass Onion arrived on netflix this morning. I saw it at DoY back in November and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Just watched this tonight, very entertaining and quite clever. It takes a certain ability to become a believable character...I look at Craig in this and don't see Bond at all. Great acting.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Pale Blue Eye is a very good watch. Stars Christian Bale and a host of other good British actors. Bale is hired to solve an unexplained death at West Point military academy. Set in the early 1800s during winter it is very atmospheric, throw in some Satanists, Edgar Allan Poe and a good twist at the end and you got yourself a good movie

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Seems I must be on my own with my views on Glass Onion. Thought it was a load of garbage. Think Scooby Doo meets Murder She Wrote and add Daniel Craig with a daft accent solving a crime which the perpetrator might have well as said "I would have got away with it if it hadn't been for you pesky kids".

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Suspended my Netflix subscription in the summer, haven't read anything here since that's piqued my interest enough to start up again apart from Swimmers maybe. Glad people are still contributing to this thread though, I have benefitted from some cracking recommendations here before, keep up the good work.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Kaleidoscope was very good up to the final episode which me and the Mrs felt let it down.

And whilst not on Netflix (Apple TV I believe) I would highly recommend The Servant. About a couple who are going through the loss of a child, a very dysfunctional relationship made even more dysfunctional by a superb Rupert Grint and a very creepy nanny played by Nell Tiger Free.
Season 3 is about to start this week, can't wait.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If you want to watch a completely ****ed up story then The Girl in Picture kills 90 minutes.

It is truly a horrendous story.
Netflix do make such awful and amazing stories into compelling programmes.

Very sad, but had someone made a fictional drama with such a theme it would have been deemed unrealistic.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Like others enjoyed Glass Onion. Like others disappointed in the last of part of Kaleidoscope. Madoff docudrama was good.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Watched 'Bank Of Dave' the other day.

One of those well intentioned, nicely acted, plucky brit type of films. 'Made In Dagenham', 'Pride', that sort of thing.

Easy watching, good natured.

If you do fancy watching it don't read up on the true story before seeing the film.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Watched 'Bank Of Dave' the other day.

One of those well intentioned, nicely acted, plucky brit type of films. 'Made In Dagenham', 'Pride', that sort of thing.

Easy watching, good natured.

If you do fancy watching it don't read up on the true story before seeing the film.
Watched that yesterday and enjoyed it. Most of it is totally made up of course but the gist of the story is correct and is a good one. Plus it is set in one of NSC's favourite places.....

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Seems I must be on my own with my views on Glass Onion. Thought it was a load of garbage. Think Scooby Doo meets Murder She Wrote and add Daniel Craig with a daft accent solving a crime which the perpetrator might have well as said "I would have got away with it if it hadn't been for you pesky kids".
Same thoughts here. Craig's accent was weird and annoying and even the normally superb Norton couldn't rescue it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here