Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I second 1899. Gripped from start to finish and really hope that a 2nd season is being lined up. The show is dubbed but it in no way took away from my enjoyment of the series.
I enjoyed 1899 also. But I think that a 2nd season would be detrimental to the central idea. Tho having said that, the same makers spun the very excellent 'Dark' out to 3 seasons, so who knows?

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
I enjoyed 1899 also. But I think that a 2nd season would be detrimental to the central idea. Tho having said that, the same makers spun the very excellent 'Dark' out to 3 seasons, so who knows?
I understand your thoughts completely and would love to discuss this further but i don't want to give anything away... What i will say is that for me personally there are still questions to be answered and lots of them (y)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I've watched the first Wednesday, after a bit of thought I've decided it's a little too 'April Ludgate', which is fine esp if you don't know Ms Ludgate's character.
Dunno if I'll carry on.

That's interesting. I have a friend who works in the Parks Department in our city here in Indiana and every so often she would say "I think I'm having a Ludgate moment." It took a while for me to realize which character on which television show she was referring to when she said that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I understand your thoughts completely and would love to discuss this further but i don't want to give anything away... What i will say is that for me personally there are still questions to be answered and lots of them (y)
Can I tip you the wink about The Lazarus Project? Bit of an 1899 vibe going on, but encapsulated in a Netflix 90 minute movie. It's pretty decent IMHO

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I second 1899. Gripped from start to finish and really hope that a 2nd season is being lined up. The show is dubbed but it in no way took away from my enjoyment of the series.
Just come on here after watching the first episode, looks like a crock of shite so far. The Captain of the ship seems to have no rank insignia, no cap and a fondness for aimlessly wandering the aft weather deck for no apparent reason. Does it get any better ?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Just come on here after watching the first episode, looks like a crock of shite so far. The Captain of the ship seems to have no rank insignia, no cap and a fondness for aimlessly wandering the aft weather deck for no apparent reason. Does it get any better ?
I've just finished 1st episode too and think likewise. Well maybe not bothered by the Captain but nothing much holding my interest. Clearly all the main characters are running from something or have something to hide but I'm not sure how bothered I am to find out what

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've just finished 1st episode too and think likewise. Well maybe not bothered by the Captain but nothing much holding my interest. Clearly all the main characters are running from something or have something to hide but I'm not sure how bothered I am to find out what
That's pretty much my feeling too, I'm struggling to have any connection or interest in the characters too. The lady " Doctor " who unwinds the pregnant woman's umbilical cord with a bit of massage despite a, being a self confessed trained mental health doctor rather than an Obsetrician, b, being unable to practice as a doctor because she is a woman and c, appears to be early twenties in age is surprisingly adept.

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
That's pretty much my feeling too, I'm struggling to have any connection or interest in the characters too. The lady " Doctor " who unwinds the pregnant woman's umbilical cord with a bit of massage despite a, being a self confessed trained mental health doctor rather than an Obsetrician, b, being unable to practice as a doctor because she is a woman and c, appears to be early twenties in age is surprisingly adept.
Each to their own i guess chaps... It would be very boring if we all liked the same thing.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
First rule of Flix Club - if it’s got a large ‘N’ on the preview graphic you might want to give it a swerve.

:wink:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You just cannae go wrong with Gladiator. Something in my eye at the end. The CGI work on Oliver Reed is quite something. Epic watch no matter how many times you’ve seen it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here