[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Alison Janney kicking arse on 23.09.22

[tweet]1561832472819601408[/tweet]

Another month passes before I cancel my subscription.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Observations on the Luis Figo documentary:

- Too long, could have been 45 minutes not 1 hour 45 minutes
- Camp Nou is one hell of a stadium
- Pep and Figo had one hell of a bromance
- Pep is definitely tastier now than he was with hair
- Figo’s Danish trouble and strife is quite something
- Figo is definitely less tasty now than he was back in the day, great hair though, less of a sheen to it now.
- Figo’s transfer value 22 years ago is in the same ballpark as our recent Ben White/Cucu transfers, makes you think.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The McAfee doc is a bit of an eye-opener.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The superb sports doc series, Untold, is back with The Girlfriend Who Never Existed - Manti Teo's story.

It's a phenomenal story well worth a watch.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
^
The guy who actually won the Heisman when Teo came runner up actually went on to have a worse NFL career than Teo. Teo was an idiot tbh, or stupidly naive.

Untold And1, the skills! Especially from the token 12 year old white kid ‘The Professor,’ phenomenal talent.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought Kleo was very watchable. About a Stasi special ops killer who is betrayed and sentenced to life imprisonment.

When the iron curtain comes down, she goes all "Killing Eve" on those who betrayed her. I hope it gets a second series.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Monster: the Jeffry Dahmer Story.
I've just finished watching all 10 episodes, absolutely engrossing. The guy who plays Dahmer is excellent, he captures the weird, socially awkward and sinister side of him so well, and obviously he was a seriously disturbed individual, but you can't help but think he never stood a chance with the family he had. A mother who didn't want him, a father who was rarely there and when he was he encouraged the dissection of roadkill and showed him how to "zombify" animals by injecting acid into their brains.
Not sure how accurate the series is to actual events, but the police and justice system were a laughing stock throughout. So many murders could've been prevented and Dahmer was almost made to feel untouchable because they dropped the ball so often.
I'd definitely recommend watching it, many of the gruesome scenes are more in the way of suggestions and you never really see too much so you don't need a strong stomach or anything, but it is extremely twisted as you can imagine.
Very sad that so many men were brutally murdered in such horrific ways.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
^. Episode one, you’re in short-sighted Jeffery’s flat, about to be butchered, do you:

A) Grab the glasses off his face
B) Grab the glasses off his face
C) Stamp on the glasses when they fall off his face onto the floor in the tussle
D) Leave them alone

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Monster: the Jeffry Dahmer Story.
I've just finished watching all 10 episodes, absolutely engrossing. The guy who plays Dahmer is excellent, he captures the weird, socially awkward and sinister side of him so well, and obviously he was a seriously disturbed individual, but you can't help but think he never stood a chance with the family he had. A mother who didn't want him, a father who was rarely there and when he was he encouraged the dissection of roadkill and showed him how to "zombify" animals by injecting acid into their brains.
Not sure how accurate the series is to actual events, but the police and justice system were a laughing stock throughout. So many murders could've been prevented and Dahmer was almost made to feel untouchable because they dropped the ball so often.
I'd definitely recommend watching it, many of the gruesome scenes are more in the way of suggestions and you never really see too much so you don't need a strong stomach or anything, but it is extremely twisted as you can imagine.
Very sad that so many men were brutally murdered in such horrific ways.

It was a very good series. Like you say the police incompetence was off the scale. The black woman who lived in the apartment next to him had continuously called the police telling them something was very wrong but they just ignored her. She even asked them to check on the age of one of his victims who she believed was underage but they just said it was between consenting adults so not her business. Eventually they were suspended during the investigation but the union got them reinstated and they were even given an award later on ! If the police had done their job lives could have been saved

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The second series of Young Wallander is much better than the first. A good binge watch.

Now just seen The Courier - a cold war spy story based on truth, featuring Benedict Cumberbatch. Great film, well worth watching.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It was a very good series. Like you say the police incompetence was off the scale. The black woman who lived in the apartment next to him had continuously called the police telling them something was very wrong but they just ignored her. She even asked them to check on the age of one of his victims who she believed was underage but they just said it was between consenting adults so not her business. Eventually they were suspended during the investigation but the union got them reinstated and they were even given an award later on ! If the police had done their job lives could have been saved

The police were expertly manipulated and conned by Dahmer multiple times. He was so cool under pressure. The case with the young victim you mentioned, he had the police in his apartment when he STILL had the corpse of his previous victim laying on his bed! Ice in his veins. He could talk his way out of anything.

He was also pulled over with the dismembered corpse of his first victim wrapped in bin bags on the back seat! He talked his way out of it and the police didn’t search his car! If only they’d checked, most of his victims would still be alive today.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Any excuse to watch Mila Kunis, but The Luckiest Girl Alive is pretty poor fare. The fact that she looks completely different from her school age character I thought might be explained by her having had plastic surgery. It wasn’t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports