Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
The new series (4) of Stranger Things is working well round our parts.

Not so much at Rune Towers. The change in inspiration from the likes of the goonies to 80’s teen horror as not gone down well. The actors had to grow up and things had to change so it was inevitable but all the new drug and sex references along with the graphic horror violence is not so much fun.

Interesting. I thought it was fantastic, best season yet.

Took me 3 separate attempts to get through the first episode of season 4 - thought it was dreadful. Does it get better?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I’m currently watching Fauda. I can thoroughly recommend it!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4565380/

Is decent enough, although you have to suspend disbelief. I dipped out on the episode **spoiler alert** where two of them gatecrashed some big boss’s wedding and, surrounded by a hundred or so guests, including many ‘heavies’ they managed to control the situation with one handgun between them, possibly two. Equally ridiculous was the main man, stocky, short and bald, managing to score a date with some hot and statuesque doctor when they had nothing whatsoever in common, and who asked nothing about his job or life during lunch, him also blowing her out and then her agreeing to see him again
:lolol:

That said, might go back to it.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I’ve been watching Borgen, a Danish political series.
It has been around for some years and maybe not everyone’s cup of tea, but I enjoyed it, including the recently released Borgen Power and Glory.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Took me 3 separate attempts to get through the first episode of season 4 - thought it was dreadful. Does it get better?

Out of interest did you like the previous three seasons?

I've not started season 4 yet but have enjoyed it to date. Hope it's doesn't spoil it by being a season too far.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Ozark has been a great watch from start to finish.
I think the ending was right, apart from Ruth 'shut your fvck nugget mouth' Langmore being shot was sad, as I thought her character would prevail.

We finished with a three episode binge on Saturday night, and I agree, it was gripping throughout. Also sad about Ruth, but not surprised. She was living very close to the edge for some time.

Now watching the latest Better Call Saul which has, predictably, started superbly.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We finished with a three episode binge on Saturday night, and I agree, it was gripping throughout. Also sad about Ruth, but not surprised. She was living very close to the edge for some time.

Now watching the latest Better Call Saul which has, predictably, started superbly.

Glad to hear it, Better Call Saul another must :thumbsup:

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham

I've not started season 4 yet but have enjoyed it to date. Hope it's doesn't spoil it by being a season too far.

I think its possibly the best season so far. Certainly better than 3. It's back to basics and the multiple story lines keep it moving along at pace.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’ve been watching Borgen, a Danish political series.
It has been around for some years and maybe not everyone’s cup of tea, but I enjoyed it, including the recently released Borgen Power and Glory.

I’ve enjoyed past series….noticed the other day that new one….think I’ll make a start tonight :thumbsup:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I still have season 2 of the Witcher and Russian doll to watch , finished ozark and was a bit disappointed with the ending . The boyz season 3 starts on prime this week
Just finished Russian Doll series 2. I really liked Russian Doll series 1, clever update on old Groundhog Day trope.
Series 2, however is rubbish IMO. Sometimes it is better to finish after 1 good series.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

Not really sure how to answer that as I enjoyed the first episode, but it definitely gets more action packed and some great storylines later on. If you enjoyed the first 3 seasons then I'd definitely stick with it. The last 2-3 episodes are some of the best yet in my opinion.

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
Just finished a re-watch of the first series of The Eddy. Absolutely superb, in fact it’s even better second time around.
Series 2 is due in the UK any day soon.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

Enjoyed the frst series, but it progressively tailed off in series 2 and 3. I think i just got bored of it, plus the Russian aspect was a load of old horlicks.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Just finished a re-watch of the first series of The Eddy. Absolutely superb, in fact it’s even better second time around.
Series 2 is due in the UK any day soon.

Ooh, that looks decent, will definitely give that a go. Cheers for heads-up.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Enjoyed the frst series, but it progressively tailed off in series 2 and 3. I think i just got bored of it, plus the Russian aspect was a load of old horlicks.

The Russian aspect of it is forced, but it's very much there in S4, and yet to be explained (it clashes with the novelty of the overall story-line in my view). Despite all that, I'd recommend going back to it, especially if you liked S1.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Just started watching ' We Own This City' on Sky Atlantic and can't believe it.The cops seem to be oblivious to the fact that Marlo Stanfield is working at the police station with only a pair of glasses as disguise! How dumb are the Baltimore police. :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just started watching ' We Own This City' on Sky Atlantic and can't believe it.The cops seem to be oblivious to the fact that Marlo Stanfield is working at the police station with only a pair of glasses as disguise! How dumb are the Baltimore police. :)

I've seen it already and have been discussing it IN BROAD TERMS on the 'obscure' thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here