Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Ozark has been a great watch from start to finish.
I think the ending was right, apart from Ruth 'shut your fvck nugget mouth' Claymore being shot was sad, as I thought her character would prevail.

I fell in and out of love with it more times than I have done with any other TV show that I can recall.

Disagree about the ending its left so many unanswered questions. I guess that was the idea but it's annoyed me! Plus I didn't think it was very good either.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I fell in and out of love with it more times than I have done with any other TV show that I can recall.

Disagree about the ending its left so many unanswered questions. I guess that was the idea but it's annoyed me! Plus I didn't think it was very good either.

Whatever floats......
We're watching again from S1 :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ozark has been a great watch from start to finish.
I think the ending was right, apart from Ruth 'shut your fvck nugget mouth' Claymore being shot was sad, as I thought her character would prevail.

:thumbsup:
Ozark was an 8.5/10 all the way through for me, fantastic viewing.

I watched it in one spell, a late recommendation from family.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If anyone had watched queen of the south piss poor they shoe horned in Camilla for the last episodes of Ozark, kind of ruined it for me tbh.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If anyone had watched queen of the south piss poor they shoe horned in Camilla for the last episodes of Ozark, kind of ruined it for me tbh.

Managed about 15 minutes of QoS. After Narcos it was like watching a school play, the acting was so amateurish. Shame because wanted to like it.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Have seen the first two episodes of "Heartstopper"

While it maybe a bit niche for some (nerdy boy falls for the apparently straight school rugby star)- its brilliantly done, and being British the actors are age appropriate- ie not 25 year olds trying to play 16-18 year olds, which makes a lot of American series unwatchable.

Its more in the style of " Love Simon", and "Love, Victor" than "Queer as folk" so family friendly and a nice gentle short ( 6 x 30 min episodes I think) easy watch

I've just started watching this (3 episodes in) - it is really well done and easy to watch. There really are not enough good 30 minute long shows around at the moment, but this fits the bill.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've just started watching this (3 episodes in) - it is really well done and easy to watch. There really are not enough good 30 minute long shows around at the moment, but this fits the bill.
Saw the first one the other say and it was well done and well acted...only problem is that the " meet me in the library/Music Room " stuff is pretty ridiculous as no way could you find yourself any privacy like that in an all boys school.

Last edited:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The 3 Mile Island documentary isn't bad, if a bit lengthy. Having seen the various documentaries about Chernobyl it interested me. Although the TMI accident was not in the same league in terms of radiation released and the amount of people evacuated there were a lot of similarities. The hubris of the authorities, the cover up about how serious the event was and the lack of good communications with the public. I also didn't realise how soon this happened after the movie The China Syndrome was released - spooky.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Both ‘The Kalief Browder Story’ and ‘Strong Island’ had me in absolute pieces.

America, the land of the free and home of the brave...

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Managed about 15 minutes of QoS. After Narcos it was like watching a school play, the acting was so amateurish. Shame because wanted to like it.

Same here. Loved the Narcos series so QoS sounded promising. However was amateurish by comparison .

To be honest the best show I ended up binge watching over lock down was Sons of Anarchy . Brilliant from start to finish.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you want to snigger for 90 minutes, you can either go and watch an Arsenal match or you can fire up Netflix and watch 'Kvarteret Skatan - Reser Till Lahom' ('High Rise Life - The Movie'). Who said the Swedes had no sense of humour? You'd need a heart of stone not to GUFFAW :lolol:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
New series of Stranger Things starts on the 27th, first 3 series were very good

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well today’s Better Call Saul was pretty amazing if anyone is watching this.

Wow!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
They've just added Ali and Ava, the best British film of recent years for my money. Brilliant cinematography, excellent use of music, like an early Shane Meadows but with hope

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Pistol thought not sure if it's on Netflix...

I'm sure Steve Jones won't mind people getting it from the naughty places as he was nicking stuff for years...

Btw really brilliant job for those not familiar with the story...Danny Boyle teek a boo son

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

I'm sure Steve Jones won't mind people getting it from the naughty places as he was nicking stuff for years...

Btw really brilliant job for those not familiar with the story...Danny Boyle teek a boo son

Hoping this is going to be good. It's such incredible material to work with*– the characters, the storylines, the music, the whole era – but I've seen mixed reviews so far.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

It's on Disney+ now. Or at least the first episode is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here