Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Watched 'Boiling Point' last night. Excellent.

9O minutes of Stephen Graham as a chef who starts out stressed out and then things get progressively worse.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11127680/?ref_=ttawd_awd_tt

Enjoyed that too. Graham is a quality actor, and there are lots of good cameos and little touches.

Doubly impressive for the fact the entire film is a single shot. It’s been done before, of course, but this is an excellent iteration of that technique.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Enjoyed that too. Graham is a quality actor, and there are lots of good cameos and little touches.

Doubly impressive for the fact the entire film is a single shot. It’s been done before, of course, but this is an excellent iteration of that technique.

I watched it last night as well. Sounds like mainstream tv needs to get its act together.

Terrific. No airs and graces - just an excellent piece of work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Finished the new series of Top Boy last night. I didn’t think it was quite as good as the previous series but still very good.

Finished it today and agree, the previous series felt like it had more humanity and believability, this one was still good but went a bit too much for tropes and increasing the body count (which I think is getting silly) over depth of story.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
I'm watching Snowpiercer...the world freezes and this train 1000 and 1 carriages long just continues rolling (apologies if mentioned) I don't binge watch so its part of my current nightly routine, followed by a few youtube vids.

Not bad to be fair but I'm more interested in the concept -which hasn't been answered yet and probably never will :)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don’t know if I can post recommends for Apple + TV, but Slow Horses starts on 1st April.

The books are excellent, Mick Herron the author, I’ve read them all , they are of a consistent high standard. The programme stars Gary Oldman, and Kirstin Scott Thomas, l’m really looking forward to this one.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5875444/

P.S.
I’ve just got a free 3 month trial subscription of Apple TV+ with my Sky package, so this is a freebie.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Another vote for Boiling Point but with Stephen Graham you know it's going to be good. The frenetic one shot filming isn't for everyone but for me it does give it the energy and tension. If I was being very picky I felt a little short changed on the ending.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Later to the party than a Swedish Potter fanboy I realise, but what a series Top Boy is...

Binged the lot up to the current series, how did C4 let this go ?

Shirley the actors that play Dushane and Sully should have won something at various TV awards...

Will start on The Wire after got through the last series of Top Boy, hopefully won't be disappointed

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon

Later to the party than a Swedish Potter fanboy I realise, but what a series Top Boy is...

Shirley the actors that play Dushane and Sully should have won something at various TV awards...

Will start on The Wire after got through the last series of Top Boy, hopefully won't be disappointed

I absolutely love Top Boy and have watched the first 3 seasons a couple of times now. I was shocked at the ending (trying not to give ending away to those who have not yet seen)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

The talent in that show is off the scale, with the trio of Kano, Dave and Little Simz having stellar music careers before any of them turned their hands to acting. Really impressive and refreshing to see young black British talent shining through when the default temptation would previously have been to ‘black up’ Benedict Cumberbatch, Stephen Graham and Olivia Coleman (zzzzzzzz) for those roles, ya get me fam?
:wink:

Presumably TB is a big export as well. Any of our American posters know if it’s available out there? Drake involved in the reboot obviously.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Do not watch Anti-Life which stars Bruce Willis, unless you enjoy Sci-fi B Movies that rip off the Alien franchise with poor acting, low budget sets and special effects.

Stayed to the end, just to see how bad the film was.

1/10 and that is generous.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Just watched Boiling Point. Very well done if a bit obvious. Would have liked someone to smack table 7 otherwise a decent watch.

Yeah I had heard good things about it, was expecting to be blown away, but was a little disappointed. As you say, seemed a little predictable and cliched.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
'Baby Driver' is up on there.

If you like it you will really like it.

If you don't you'll think it's shit.

I really like it.

For fans of 'True Romance'.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Watched the Savile doc recently. I don’t really see what it added. Just a load of repeated clips with a few people saying they knew/didn’t know he was a wrong ‘un. Nothing we didn’t know back in 2013.

I’m guessing they’re cashing in on the upcoming Steve Coogan series.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here