Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Americans are not very good at satire.
Having said that, "Idiocracy" is not a bad attempt.

Ever tried VEEP ?

Anyway, I'm late to the game, but just started The Crown. Seems decent.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Apologies if fixtures, but watched “Fyre, the festival that never happened” last night.

Really entertaining, and in the 21st century there’s nothing like a timed honoured ‘Emperors New Clothes’ con. 👍

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
There's four seasons of this!?

I watched and loved the first one when it came out and the next three appear to have completely slipped my radar.

That's my viewing sorted for the next month or so.

Just into season two on this and enjoying it so far.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Winter on Fire. Watch for a while and you will understand the fierce resistance the Russians are facing

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Inventing Anna is intriguing first episode had some great lines...

Finished it last night. It's a solid 7/10.

Have avoided reading anything about the real world case to avoid spoilers but will certainly read up on it now as I'd be really interested to know how close it was to real life (each episode starts with a line along the lines of this story is completely true, apart from the bits that are made up). Parts of it seemed so unbelievable I wonder how much creative license was involved. Good watch though.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Miracle in Cell No. 7 - Turkish remake of korean film about a intellectually challenged man who is framed for the murder of the police captain's daughter and put in prison with violent criminals, and is visited by his own young daughter who touches the lives of everyone in the prison

That's a really good recommendation - thanks

Didn't really know what to expect but what a great film. Showed the best and worst sides of people, and what an emotional twist at the end. The actors playing Memo and his young daughter were amazing.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Pieces Of Her an 8 part series.

Mum has a secret past which her daughter knows nothing about, then the past catches up with the mum, and daughter starts to find out more about her mum.

Based on a Karen Slaughter book.

Watched 2 episodes and hooked.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Apologies if fixtures, but watched “Fyre, the festival that never happened” last night.

Really entertaining, and in the 21st century there’s nothing like a timed honoured ‘Emperors New Clothes’ con. 👍

Watched this on the train home from Newcastle. Completely bonkers how they thought they'd get away with it. It's almost like the real life Waynes World 2....if you book them they will come!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I did some work on the second season. Third season filming this year. Should take us up to 1066 and all that :thumbsup:

Oh how exciting, did you have a part ?
My interest has grown greatly having now traced my tree back to Harold I ‘the White’ (King of Bornholm in Denmark) Bjornsson (although born in Sweden).
direct link as well through my Grans German side, parents not uncles or aunties, also Bjornsson as legend has it and I take with a pinch of salt relates further up the line to possible Bjorn Ironside.
The other side of the family goes back to 1066 and a knight that came over William the Conqueror and was awarded some manors and crappy castle in Berry Pomeroy - Ralph de la Pomerai,

makes sense why in my DNA test I only got 10% British, 42% Western European and 39% Scandinavian.

Why did i vote for brexit !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here