Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Can I recommend The Puppet Master - Hunting The Ultimate Conman. A gripping 3 part documentary about a man who manages to scam and psychologically control his victims, with one of his victims under his control for 10 years. An emotional watch, especially the last 15 minutes of the final episode.

I'd watch a whole series of the father tracking down wrong-uns

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Can I recommend The Puppet Master - Hunting The Ultimate Conman. A gripping 3 part documentary about a man who manages to scam and psychologically control his victims, with one of his victims under his control for 10 years. An emotional watch, especially the last 15 minutes of the final episode.

I listened to a R4 doc about this man a few months ago. Extraordinary.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Munich:Edge of War

Surprisingly tense given we all know the outcome (Spoiler alert-WW2 happened)

Shows a different perspective of Chamberlin, and that instead of being duped by Hitler and made a fool of , just maybe he gained enough time for the Allies to prepare for what was by that time an inevitable conflict

Although the main story of the two Oxford friends and the document is fiction, the events surrounding it are true, and a version of the document is real

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Watched Munich: The Edge of War this morning. Well cast with Jeremy Irons excellent as Neville Chamberlain. However for me, it lacked the tension that was present in the book, and therefore left me slightly disappointed.

If you haven't read the book, then you may enjoy the film more than I did.

posted my recommendation before seeing this, and as I hadnt read the book or know the story I found it quite tense .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

It's back :D

And pleased to report that it's excelente as ever. Seems like an eternity since first got hooked on Ozark during the scary mornings of early lockdown and seems twice as long between the announcement and arrival of the 4th and final instalment, but based on S4 E1 it's been WELL worth the wait :clap:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
And pleased to report that it's excelente as ever. Seems like an eternity since first got hooked on Ozark during the scary mornings of early lockdown and seems twice as long between the announcement and arrival of the 4th and final instalment, but based on S4 E1 it's been WELL worth the wait :clap:

Daaaaaaarleeeeeeen is as scary as ever:lol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Managed 20 minutes of the new Zark before switching to The Power of the Dog. I don’t know whether the glut of stuff available has killed attention spans, but you can’t help feeling you’ve ‘done your time’ with Darlene, Farty Turd, Bendy Word and their Easter Island flat-faced daughter.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

I think Jason Bateman is a very underrated actor. I love this scene in "Paul"

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Just finished Munich - agree it is very good. Not read the book so cannot comment on that, but films are rarely if ever better than books anyway. Downton Abbey woman kept her clothes on for a change too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here