Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neil Lennon approached!

Pat Saward

Wouldn't be too unhappy with Lennon. Any manager who could beat that excellent Barca team must have something about him

Ah yes, Saward the "loan ranger" - thanks. There's some lovely articles about him here, particularly the third and sixth ones down. Blazed brightly then crashed and burned.
http://thegoldstonewrap.com/tag/pat-saward/

Lennon - what a slap in the face to be reminded that so many of our right-wing knuckle-draggers import their views wholesale from Orange Order nutters.

There is a case to be made against Lennon, it's hard to judge his record at Celtic given the collapse of Rangers and he cuts an introverted, moody figure that wouldn't appeal to me after Oscar. But to be against him for sectarian reasons is utterly appalling given the terrible things he's had to put up with, probably without parallel for any professional footballer in this country. The dummies can't seem to realise that any N Irish catholic who opts to play so many times for Northern Ireland doesn't have any strong politics.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
My cousin is a season ticket holder at Celtic park and he has close links with the club and so tells me Lennon is def coming to us. I asked him about his tactics and what his philosophy is and it goes a bit like this

Often plays with two strikers and two wingers (the Celtic way I'm told)
Has a close eye on youth development and will give talent a chance in the first team no matter how old
Makes stupid substitutions at random times of the games (sound familiar) although Im also told he is not a reactive tactician
Has real passion and will get the players up for it, wont stand for any slacking
His sides are based on a strong back line
Lastly he reckons that he will no doubt bring Gary Parker with him as his second in command,(ex Forest/Leicester Midfielder) which could signify a youth role for NJ

Don't shoot the messenger but this source is reliable but with any new appointment its never done till its signed so to speak.

I personally like what he said about him and feel he is exactly what we need.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
My cousin is a season ticket holder at Celtic park and he has close links with the club and so tells me Lennon is def coming to us. I asked him about his tactics and what his philosophy is and it goes a bit like this

Often plays with two strikers and two wingers (the Celtic way I'm told)
Has a close eye on youth development and will give talent a chance in the first team no matter how old
Makes stupid substitutions at random times of the games (sound familiar) although Im also told he is not a reactive tactician
Has real passion and will get the players up for it, wont stand for any slacking
His sides are based on a strong back line
Lastly he reckons that he will no doubt bring Gary Parker with him as his second in command,(ex Forest/Leicester Midfielder) which could signify a youth role for NJ

Don't shoot the messenger but this source is reliable but with any new appointment its never done till its signed so to speak.

I personally like what he said about him and feel he is exactly what we need.

Really hope you are wrong.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Whilst not adding any credibility to this rumour, I would personally like to see this appointment.

One thing the man brings is some real passion. The last season was completely devoid of it, with the exception of the few appearances Calders made, and the last 5 mins of the Forest game.

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
I heard a similar summary and wonder how many boxes he ticks for Bloom, pity about the non football irrelevance being mentioned here abouts! My main reservation would be his ability to adapt and win over some of the anti brigade!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My main reservation would be his ability to adapt and win over some of the anti brigade!

The bigots who say they're not going to support us if Lennon comes can do one. We should rise about sectarianism, it has no part to play in this football club.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Not a fan but how long if he is successful will the chant be "nobody likes him we don't care"

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
As a proud Anglo Irish catholic I am looking to 80s style half and half Brighton/Celtic hats.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Anyone seen the odds on Tony Mowbray ??? Some money going on there!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
If this happens, we riot! Talk about alienating 80% of the fanbase. 1st game of the season would be fun with all the anti-Lennon banners, not that this appointment will happen

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Hahahahahah...!

I will not be attending if this ginger tosser gets the job. Will retain season ticket but will not be able to support a team with this poison individual in charge

You are obviously must be joking...right? Otherwise you must find life terribly hard (but if you're not then I know lots of people who will happily use it whilst you sit at home fuming)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here