Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neighbours smoking weed - making our life hell - advice

Lush

Mods' Pet
Leaving the legal position aside, if you and your wife enjoyed a spliff as part of your 'special time together' once a week on a Saturday night in bed, would you give it up because the neighbours complained it was somehow coming through the walls?

The trouble is that we are all programmed to be quite territorial (witness the rows when someone parks outside someone else's house). If you don't fancy a full blown row, some general chill out therapy/mediation/relaxation stuff for your girlfriend (and maybe you too) might help.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If a strong smell is coming through the wall, and the house isn't made of cardboard, I would strongly suspect a grow operation. Possibly in the attic with a single brick party wall that doesn't join well to the roof or similar.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Honestly why do you feel the need to ask an internet football forum about this? It doesn't strike me that NSC is flooded with lawyers, environmental health officers or drug counsellors, especially at this time of night after a big game. Either make your mind up to some decisive action or talk to Citizens Advice. You're welcome.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Or get a group of your mates to get balaclavad up and knock on his door at silly o'clock complete with baseball bats, replica guns etc. Smash in his car windows and in a thick Italian/American accent tell him if he continues to deal on your patch the consequences will be much more severe.

I read that whole post in Marlon Brando's voice.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Hmm there is plenty of food for thought already. Thanks for the advice so far.

I had never thought about timer-set lights causing the smell. I think I'll have another word with them (not tonight - if he has been smoking something that stong, I doubt he is capable of holding a conversation). We'll keep a diary too whilst we contemplate our next move.

My other half has spoken to the local drugs advice team (who she occasionally works alongside), they have advised that we need to find a solution because the long term effect could be that the smell gets into the walls and is there forever (This advice did nothing to calm the other half!).

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
Then they are growing. Lights are on a timer, come on, heat up the air, big weed smell wafts through loft and down. Bloody amateurs! If theyd invested in a decent fan and a filter no-one may ever have known.

Couldn't have put it better myself!
Not having the right kit to eradicate the smell is not only stupid but in this case inconsiderate!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Honestly why do you feel the need to ask an internet football forum about this? It doesn't strike me that NSC is flooded with lawyers, environmental health officers or drug counsellors, especially at this time of night after a big game. Either make your mind up to some decisive action or talk to Citizens Advice. You're welcome.

And you're a twat.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

Honestly, because I have seen the fantastic advice NSC has given to other posters. I am constantly surprised by the number of experts (armchair, and actual experts) on here, with genuinely useful opinions.

Oh, and also because I know someone will make me laugh about the situation.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
260688999_640.jpg

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Honestly, because I have seen the fantastic advice NSC has given to other posters. I am constantly surprised by the number of experts (armchair, and actual experts) on here, with genuinely useful opinions.

Oh, and also because I know someone will make me laugh about the situation.

:wave: Been waiting for one like this. Can of Pringles at the ready.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why? This is a simple case of grow a pair or put up with it. It's hardly NSC's problem. It's just someone else that wants someone who's not them to make a decision for them free of charge.

I'm not going to bother replying to this.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
If they are cultivating it requires significant amounts of electricity to run the lights and ventilation, it is not unheard of for them to have by-passed the meter or to at least have overloaded the circuits which is not a good idea to say the least. One indication if they are growing stuff in the loft is to look at their roof from the outside - if it is clear of snow / frost compared to neighbouring properties it may be due to the heat being generated.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
If they are cultivating it requires significant amounts of electricity to run the lights and ventilation, it is not unheard of for them to have by-passed the meter or to at least have overloaded the circuits which is not a good idea to say the least. One indication if they are growing stuff in the loft is to look at their roof from the outside - if it is clear of snow / frost compared to neighbouring properties it may be due to the heat being generated.

Yep - we noticed this last week - everyone else's roof was covered in snow (we had 8 inches on the ground), next door's roof was, um, not covered in snow. They have converted their loft at some point (before we moved in) and we wondered whether it could be related to that.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Yep - we noticed this last week - everyone else's roof was covered in snow (we had 8 inches on the ground), next door's roof was, um, not covered in snow. They have converted their loft at some point (before we moved in) and we wondered whether it could be related to that.
Rozzers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here