Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
A scorer of great goals for us: the half volley left footer against Wolves at home, the overhead kick against West Ham, the last minute equaliser against Southampton, and of course the lob against Palace. Genuinely one of my favourite former Brighton players.
Hey ! Niel Maupay < Oooh !

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think sell on clauses only work when they make a profit! Everton will be asking for a refund when they sell him!
In all seriousness, I think Brentford will want to buy him at the end of the season. Suits Everton to sell and I suspect that they’ll get more than they paid us. A cheeky couple of Mill coming our way?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
maybe i’m going too far and maybe we have truly outgrown him but he’s not someone i’d ever be averse to having back at the club. good pl squad player who can create chances, get goals out of nowhere and ‘gets it’ in terms of the fanbase and passion. only time he was ever regularly getting grief was when he was our main no. 9, which, let’s face it, wasn’t a role he should’ve been fulfilling

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I know he’s got a questionable personality but I’m still glad for him he’s finding some form. Gave us some enjoyable moments

Nothing questionable about it, he's got a French Personality (see Knocky and my ex-wife for further references). :shrug:

Absolutely agree, the Don't let it Bounce meme got to be up there as one of the top 10.

Loved his shithousery, was such a wind up merchant, especially against Palace, that he'll be fondly remembered here.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Always liked Maupay did pretty well for us in a Potter team that often needed 20 chances to score one or zero goals. His 1 in 4 scoring record wasn't terrible given the way we set up in games.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
maybe i’m going too far and maybe we have truly outgrown him but he’s not someone i’d ever be averse to having back at the club. good pl squad player who can create chances, get goals out of nowhere and ‘gets it’ in terms of the fanbase and passion. only time he was ever regularly getting grief was when he was our main no. 9, which, let’s face it, wasn’t a role he should’ve been fulfilling
Did he not start sulking when he wasn't picked every game?

(Not that I'm blaming him as such. I like him.)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
People saying he's a Champ striker, he'd be one of the 3 who'd get 20 goals in a season down there (and thus be an outlier not really a 'Champ Striker'). Seems much more a lead goalscorer for a side 14-20 in PL or playing 2nd/3rd fiddle at a 8-13 side type. Not many of those score 10 a season in the PL more like 6-8.

People's expectations can be pretty high as the couple players you think of as a 'type' are not the average but the standout names generally.

Best of luck to him in 36 games a season.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
How can you not love the little tinker :lolol:

2021-12-neal-maupay.jpg
Maupay sanchez.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here