Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'll be sad to see him go. A hard worker, top class shithouser, scorer of some excellent goals and scorer of some important goals.

He's missed a fair few sitters but his positive qualities have always outweighed that negative for me.

I hope he does well at Everton.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'll be sad to see him go. A hard worker, top class shithouser, scorer of some excellent goals and scorer of some important goals.

He's missed a fair few sitters but his positive qualities have always outweighed that negative for me.

I hope he does well at Everton.

Indeed. I hope he regularly fires in a couple of wondergoals (in a 3-2 defeat).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'll be very sorry to see Neal go, I've always enjoyed his contributions, both on and off the pitch. But can understand his desire to try and prove himself elsewhere, given lack of recent game time at Brighton.

I think he will probably do well at Everton if he goes there
Is he a 'top' PL striker? No, obviously not (yet). But he is a very decent PL level forward player, with high work rate and a reasonable goal return.

Given relatively low expectations from Everton fans, I suspect they will be pleasantly suprised by what they will be getting for £15m.

Agreed. I presume you mean low expectations of Maupay but I saw this on their forum just now and they seem to have low expectations of everything.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-fans-fan-hope-survey.115982/

I can't quite work out if this means they're entitled enough to still think they should be beating teams like Brighton or if they're realistic and slightly self deprecating given their poor squad, shit coach and fact they're now signing our sloppy seconds*. I think it's the latter.

*I also love Maups and understand this is a slightly rude description but, ultimately, he is, isn't he?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If he does well it will affect us.
The fake swede can post what he wants.

If he does well, it may affect us, but you have no way of knowing how.

- he does well. and we get additional money in potential clauses? Hooray
- he does well, and it results in Everton finishing above us? Booo
- he does well, scoring against our other rivals? Yaay

:shrug:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
If he does well, it may affect us, but you have no way of knowing how.

- he does well. and we get additional money in potential clauses? Hooray
- he does well, and it results in Everton finishing above us? Booo
- he does well, scoring against our other rivals? Yaay

:shrug:

True, obviously I was thinking more about your second point.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'll miss him. I really think he will blossom into a top striker, we perhaps forget how young he is and how his stats compare very favourably to other to strikers at a similar stage of their career. Last year felt like the breakthrough but then he went off the boil, and he doesn't really fit what Potter wants to do with the team. That's fine, and for his career be shouldn't be sitting on the bench so he goes with our best wishes, and whatever he does from now we shouldn't have regrets, but I will miss him. We never really tried the Welbeck Maupay partnership for any length of time, and will always wonder if it could have clicked, but I will always place my trust in Potter

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Agreed. I presume you mean low expectations of Maupay but I saw this on their forum just now and they seem to have low expectations of everything.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-fans-fan-hope-survey.115982/

I can't quite work out if this means they're entitled enough to still think they should be beating teams like Brighton or if they're realistic and slightly self deprecating given their poor squad, shit coach and fact they're now signing our sloppy seconds*. I think it's the latter.

*I also love Maups and understand this is a slightly rude description but, ultimately, he is, isn't he?

Shocking.

10% of Brighton fans dont have confidence in Potter

and even worse

12% of Brighton fans want a 'takeover with a new owner'

Who the f*ck ARE these people?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Shocking.

10% of Brighton fans dont have confidence in Potter

and even worse

12% of Brighton fans want a 'takeover with a new owner'

Who the f*ck ARE these people?

Palace trolls?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm sorry to see the back of Maupay. Only time will tell whether flogging him is the right move.

We've now got 6 days and 9 hours to get something sorted.

Effectively, Undav and Ferguson have replaced Connolly and Locadia, Maupay leaves a hole and we don't have a replacement for Andone either. Worrying times.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm sorry to see the back of Maupay. Only time will tell whether flogging him is the right move.

We've now got 6 days and 9 hours to get something sorted.

Effectively, Undav and Ferguson have replaced Connolly and Locadia, Maupay leaves a hole and we don't have a replacement for Andone either. Worrying times.

I can do that I think

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When Maupay plays for Everton v Palarse, hopefully he'll still continue to endear himself to the Croydon acne brigade :D

There's something about Brighton French players, that Palace just don't like, Knocky and Maupay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here