Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So you think Welbeck will play less games than he has in his either of previous two seasons with us. Despite the fact that the club are confident the surgery he had last season has fixed his long standing injury issue and he was involved in 21 of the remaining 22 games when he came back from surgery last season (and was a non playing sub in the other game). Obviously it’s not without risk, but everything points to Welbeck being fitter than he has been for years.

Including these guns!

14ff8317fd6386eb8405e5c9f85f7ecd.jpg

Peak specimen.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
IMHO selling Maupay would be daft unless we bring someone else in who can definitely contribute around 10 goals a season in the Prem. We won’t do this so extend Maupay’s stay is the right answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Guess it depends whether selling Maupay would mean us being able to get Kalajdzic or Broja or similar in.

Otherwise it just isn’t worth it.

Bellotti is still available on a free…

And apparently a certain Moussa Dembele is available for a reasonable fee. Like Maupay he has less than a year on his contract. We’ve shown interest before…

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
IMHO selling Maupay would be daft unless we bring someone else in who can definitely contribute around 10 goals a season in the Prem. We won’t do this so extend Maupay’s stay is the right answer.

We can’t unilaterally extend Maupay’s contract. I guess he has said something along the lines of “Non, je ne signerai pas de prolongation de contrat car je ne suis pas le premier choix et je veux ennuyer b.w.2.”

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So is Enciso.
Indeed he is.

Selling Maupay means he'll be staying rather than going off on loan.

When I reflect, Welbeck, Undav, Ferguson and Enciso will be fine.

Undav could well be the advance replacement.

Last edited:

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
I absolutely adore Le Marquis D’Shithouserie. He is so much more than a striker and I think Graham Potter can get 15-20 goals out of him this season. Apart from Connelly, I didn’t really want anyone to go this summer. We know that Potter has previously liked to work with a smallish squad but the five subs rule means that he needs a bigger squad this year and he has the tactical brain to optimise it.

Neal is superb and for so many reasons, is one of my all time favourites now #don’tletitbounce

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Indeed he is.

What is this based on?

The assumption that Welbz will be available for every game? That Undav finds form right away? That two teenagers step up?

It's not impossible but it's very optimistic.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If he is sold for £15M to Salernitano, it will be the first time in a long time the club have informed Naylor of the fee involved for a player.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Is it worth the club asking just the £10 million ?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What is this based on?

The assumption that Welbz will be available for every game? That Undav finds form right away? That two teenagers step up?

It's not impossible but it's very optimistic.

Trossard staying, would probably be an important part of the equation.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We can’t unilaterally extend Maupay’s contract. I guess he has said something along the lines of “Non, je ne signerai pas de prolongation de contrat car je ne suis pas le premier choix et je veux ennuyer b.w.2.”

I do know that. But what are Maupay’s options? He is not exactly sought after by equivalent or better clubs, is he?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Indeed he is.

Big risk. Welbs consistent injuries. Ferguson inexperienced. The new boys who knows? Too much naivety on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here