[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He has an attitude problem if he isn’t starting. He isn’t going to start much, so would sell. Need some kind of replacement though which would cost more, but would cost even more if he went for £0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Would be a bold move to sell the top goal scorer...lets see how this pans out. But from the other teams point of view I can see the logic: 1) proven goal scorer at a top level 2) high work rate and team play 3) 1 year left on a contract so cheaper than usual so good value to be had.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This reminds me of a summer going back a few years, a big sell off will nothing but dross through the door. All the new faces haven’t kicked a ball in a league anywhere near the standard of the PL.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The lad is 17, give him a chance to get through puberty before being forced to lead the line for a Premier League side.

He'll be a top striker in the future but we're probably still quite a few years off of him making the permanent step up to the first team

Rooney made his professional debut with his local club Everton at age 16.

Just saying. :)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Have to say I’d sell, has given us some great moments, but very inconsistent and we’ll get less at Christmas. If a new contract isn’t agreed.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Wonder whether we’ll now make a serious bid for Sasa Kaladjdik or whatever the bloke is called?

Fingers crossed. £21m should do it.

Potter’s options with these boys would mean we’d be bothering the top 10 once again:

Welbeck
Undav
Kalajdžić
Ferguson
Mitoma

We all love Neal but if he doesn’t sign a contract, we must take the money. Potter can’t guarantee a starting place so I guess he’d want to leave.

Thanks for the amazing goals and shitehousery Neal.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Potter’s options with these boys would mean we’d be bothering the top 10 once again:

Welbeck
Undav
Kalajdžić
Ferguson
Mitoma

Three unproven players, a sick note and a kid.

Forgive me if I don’t share your confidence.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Can't see this being a good for Neal.
Scrapping at the bottom of Serie A won't be his dream move.

I'm sure there will be better offers around for him.
£15m is a bargain for a 26 year old premier league striker, even if there is just 1 year on his contract.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
By fantasy standards, Maupay hasn't scored a lot of goals but in reality his production has been fine (despite wasting a lot of chances).

To be fair he has currently been selected by 1% of Fantasy Football managers. .... that used to be called " damned by faint praise "

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Can't see this being a good for Neal.
Scrapping at the bottom of Serie A won't be his dream move.

I'm sure there will be better offers around for him.
£15m is a bargain for a 26 year old premier league striker, even if there is just 1 year on his contract.

Playing a slightly worse league could mean one step back and two forward for him. He is definitely going to play 90 minutes every week if he moves to Salernitana and if he does well, the Italian top clubs will be in for him.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If there's no new contract possibility then we do need to cash in now-ish. Undav replaces him and that means we have pretty much what we had last season in attacking option terms plus Mitoma and Ensisco. I can see him going and I don't think there'll be another attacker coming in.

Welbeck looked a different player at the end of last season and hopefully his frequent injury issues are now behind him. We actually started scoring goals at home for fun towards the end of last season with Welbz starting and we'd have better back up now even if Maupay left.

I don't particularly WANT him to go, I'm a big fan (unlike the guy I go with who gets totally frustrated with his misses) but it probably makes sense if he does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports