Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
There really wouldn't be any benefit to selling Maupay.

As much as people like to criticize him, he's been our top scorer the last two seasons.

It would be a gamble to rely on Welbz (injury prone) and Undav (unproven in the PL).

It's not as if we need the money, £15m isn't going to really help us and it's unlikely we would sign a replacement for that much.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ferguson is the key here. Undav and Mitouma obviously has shown something and we have a super fit Danny Welbeck. Plus Trossard will no doubt step up yet again so, if Ferguson is ready for the step up then we could theoretically sell NM. I hope not but hey we are doing some good general business here.

In Uncle Tony we trust.

TNBA

TTF

How many did Fergie bang in against Dover, t'other night?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Ferguson is the key here. Undav and Mitouma obviously has shown something and we have a super fit Danny Welbeck. Plus Trossard will no doubt step up yet again so, if Ferguson is ready for the step up then we could theoretically sell NM. I hope not but hey we are doing some good general business here.

In Uncle Tony we trust.

TNBA

TTF

The lad is 17, give him a chance to get through puberty before being forced to lead the line for a Premier League side.

He'll be a top striker in the future but we're probably still quite a few years off of him making the permanent step up to the first team

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Why would anyone want him ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not enough money for a key component of our squad who we will struggle to replace. Don't consider anything under £30m.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Not enough money for a key component of our squad who we will struggle to replace. Don't consider anything under £30m.

He's in the last year of his contract. Bissouma went for less in similar circumstances so I don't think we'll get that much for Maupay.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
He's in the last year of his contract. Bissouma went for less in similar circumstances so I don't think we'll get that much for Maupay.

Wouldn’t be a surprise if the club had informed Naylor so he’d share information in hope of getting more bids in to hike the price up a bit.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

No one is going to bid £30m for him with one year left on the contract.

If the club wants to sell him rather than lose him on a free transfer, around £15m is probably as good as it gets.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Like I said a month ago, I would be very very surprised if Maupay would sign a new contract after sitting on the bench for a couple of months.

I guess it depends on where he thinks he could move to.

I don't think he would get a bigger wage at Salernitana and i'd be surprised if he fancied a relegation battle.

Would surely be more in his interests to sign an extension with us on more money, and then play his way back into contention and potentially move to a bigger club.

Worst case scenario for him he ends up not playing as much as he wants and can leave next summer.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'll be sad to see him go(if he does). He's frustrating when he misses sitters but he's scored some absolute beauties, scored some important goals, he works his bollocks off and is an absolute pain in the arse for the opposition.

But he is in his final year and if he's not going to sign a new contract then it makes sense to listen to the offer.

Don't go Neal!

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
I think 15 is a fair offer for Neal tbh. Not going to start here anymore(Love what I am seeing from Undav) and I think he he needs a change of environment which will be best for his career going forward. With that being said, if we do not sell him then he will be a good depth piece to have. I don't see a negative either way.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Wouldn't be upset if he did go and I think £15m in his last contracted year is reasonable. But with Enciso, Welbeck, and Undav I would like to see the club try to sign another striker (if he was to go). Brereton Diaz?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here