Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I thought Neal produced a 7/10 performance this season. He scored a number of vital goals that will be remembered for years and years.

However, Potter clearly favours starting with one striker and that man is Dat Guy when he is fit.
Still, I’m very content with 3 strikers in the squad including those two and Undav. I really don’t think the likes of Zeqiri, Andone, Connolly, Sima, Ferguson or Tolaj are ready (or capable in some cases) to be a part of that 3.

However, I’m really not keen on Maupay leaving for under £5m in January (Barnes style) or on a bosman next June (Murray style). We played £20m+ for him.

So, hopefully he’ll sign a contract extension before the window closes, if not I could stomach a sale if we were to replace him with someone more Welbeck like as I think Maupay & Undav could be a bit too similar.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought Neal produced a 7/10 performance this season. He scored a number of vital goals that will be remembered for years and years.

However, Potter clearly favours starting with one striker and that man is Dat Guy when he is fit.
Still, I’m very content with 3 strikers in the squad including those two and Undav. I really don’t think the likes of Zeqiri, Andone, Connolly, Sima, Ferguson or Tolaj are ready (or capable in some cases) to be a part of that 3.

However, I’m really not keen on Maupay leaving for under £5m in January (Barnes style) or on a bosman next June (Murray style). We played £20m+ for him.

So, hopefully he’ll sign a contract extension before the window closes, if not I could stomach a sale if we were to replace him with someone more Welbeck like as I think Maupay & Undav could be a bit too similar.
We don't know whether there is a secret option year on his contract or not, so it's hard to say if he should be sold this summer.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£15M bid confirmed…

[tweet]1550500523647942656[/tweet]

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Always loved Neal, not just as he's a Frenchie, his shithousery is on point and very much needed at times. That said, Salerno is a lovely part of the world and I'd not blame him if he wanted to leave.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I've been missing the annual "Need to Buy a Striker" miniseries.

Welbeck, Undav and Ferguson doesn't look enough.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
In my opinion if the player wants to go and agree terms, it happens.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think he might be off then. Going to miss him a lot in that case.

Not so sure the club is going to replace him... most clubs only have two established strikers and a bunch of youngsters and one or two options (like Trossard) who can play there if needed.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Ferguson is the key here. Undav and Mitouma obviously has shown something and we have a super fit Danny Welbeck. Plus Trossard will no doubt step up yet again so, if Ferguson is ready for the step up then we could theoretically sell NM. I hope not but hey we are doing some good general business here.

In Uncle Tony we trust.

TNBA

TTF

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Think he might be off then. Going to miss him a lot in that case.

Not so sure the club is going to replace him... most clubs only have two established strikers and a bunch of youngsters and one or two options (like Trossard) who can play there if needed.

I think they'll at least try. if welbeck gets injured we'd be down to just undav who is totally unproven, a bit risky imo. though if they do try and fail, it definitely wouldn't be look on as the end of the world (by the club anyways)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here