Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Bellotti is still available on a free…
There is no way we are buying anybody called Bellotti however good this one might be.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And how many of those are going to get around 10 goals a season in the Prem?

Of the strikers who are out of contract next year, certainly the top 10:
5412767b53a3419754c80a7b0f175d71.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yup defo getting relegated again

bw2 is a decent lad but his bedwetting and pantie shitting over singing a new striker left me with no choice....

I hope he's well.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
So we played much better without him in the side, the argument for keeping him isn’t very strong tbh. Trouble with Maupay is he doesn’t improve he’s always a fans favourite next season he will do better. Never does though I would even say he declined last season.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I guess we ignore the goals he scored in 2021 then.

He scored 8 league goals all season, has a year left on his contract and was dropped for the run in. His time is up.

The club has obviously decided to let him go, hence them being unusually candid about details of the offer from Italy. No doubt trying to flush out counter offers to secure the best deal possible.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Personally I like Maupay. He harries and presses and gets in peoples heads. Needs to cool his temper a bit but it’s who he is. If he does go, we still have Trossard, Undav, Welbz, Ferguson, Sarmiento, Mwepu, MacAlister, Kozlowski, Enciso, Mitoma, March, Caicedo who can all potentially chip in with goals. Not unreasonable to think they’d cover Maupay’s 8 between them.

Andone is still our player too. Although I doubt he’s in consideration really.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
He scored 8 league goals all season, has a year left on his contract and was dropped for the run in. His time is up.

The club has obviously decided to let him go, hence them being unusually candid about details of the offer from Italy. No doubt trying to flush out counter offers to secure the best deal possible.

Yes, he was our top scorer.

As per my original point, Maupay is younger than Undav who many are saying is Maupay's replacement, which may well be the case.

But it's a bit odd to want to get rid of our most proven PL scorer who is still incredibly young for a striker.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

As per my original point, Maupay is younger than Undav who many are saying is Maupay's replacement, which may well be the case.

But it's a bit odd to want to get rid of our most proven PL scorer who is still incredibly young for a striker.

Not odd if he doesn’t want to extend his contract or we have no interest in offering him one. Not saying that is the case.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Not when the team plays better without him, gets better results, as they did when he was dropped towards the end of last season.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I like Maupay, but don't think he is a top 10 Premier league striker. No disgrace in that, but that's where the club wants to be. These sort of things happens at all levels in the pyramid of football.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we haven't offered him a new contract (or he has stated he won't sign one if offered) then he is in the last year of his contract. Fee now, smaller fee in January, or SFA next summer. I think he cost us £20M or so, so we're unlikely to recoup that. As an opening offer, £15M ain't bad. Could maybe try and push for 1 or 2 million more, but for a lower level Serie A team they're probably stretching their resources pretty hard to raise £15M.

No way am I clamouring for him to go, but all in all, in the last year of his contract, with apparantly £15M on the table ...................... well, it makes sense. With Potterball, it's never going to be about getting like-for-like replacements anyway.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
bw2 is a decent lad but his bedwetting and pantie shitting over singing a new striker left me with no choice....

I hope he's well.

We signed two. End of discussion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I should add that if Maupay goes without another striker coming in t then the risk we are taking is high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here