Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Of course it is tough for Neal, it is always tough to be in that situation - you go on the bench and the team starts to do well. Players would never say it out loud without being anonymous but pretty much every player would feel a little bit shit about that. Not good for the confidence. It just shows more on Neal because he is like he is, emotional and desperate to do well and help the team. Of course it is tough.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Personally though I’m a bit tired of Warren going on about Maupay not staying on the pitch with the others in the past few games - I could practically repeat what he says each time now.

I didn't know Wazza posted on here. :wink:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He’s not in the team. He doesn’t like it. Nothing unusual in that. He still has a big part to play, just not every week. And for those saying we look so much better since he has been out of the team I would say we can’t rely on Welbeck’s fitness so the current line up is not long term sustainable. Maupay has also been absent at a time our midfield has really stepped up with the regular addition of Caicedo.

Football fans really do seem to see the world i a very simplistic, black and white way.

Go back a month or two and the reason we went on a six game losing run and seven games without scoring was definitely because we had sold Dan Burn. People were even saying that he was a better player than Dunk because Burn was in a purple patch and Dunk was struggling to regain form after being out injured. Dunk was past his prime...

No one was saying that if only we dropped Maupay during that run we'd suddenly improve performances and results. But now we've picked up 13 points in six games and scored 12 goals in those games it's obvious that we're a better team without him.

There are usually a number of reasons for losses and gains of form and results but it seems football fans love a very simple narrative. I just find it all a bit strange.*

*Yes, I realise NSC is made up of a multitude of people with differing opinions so anyone reading this and feeling indignant because they're convinced I've misinterpreted their posts...relax.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Football fans really do seem to see the world i a very simplistic, black and white way.

Go back a month or two and the reason we went on a six game losing run and seven games without scoring was definitely because we had sold Dan Burn. People were even saying that he was a better player than Dunk because Burn was in a purple patch and Dunk was struggling to regain form after being out injured. Dunk was past his prime...

No one was saying that if only we dropped Maupay during that run we'd suddenly improve performances and results. But now we've picked up 13 points in six games and scored 12 goals in those games it's obvious that we're a better team without him.

There are usually a number of reasons for losses and gains of form and results but it seems football fans love a very simple narrative. I just find it all a bit strange.*

*Yes, I realise NSC is made up of a multitude of people with differing opinions so anyone reading this and feeling indignant because they're convinced I've misinterpreted their posts...relax.

Are you saying some fans are reactionary?! HOW DARE YOU?!

But yes, you're right. It's never as simple as it looks. We are a good side that goes through patches. Was Maupay a hindrance to the team when he scored in the three games at the start to beat Watford and Burnley before getting the late equaliser v Palace? Or in the 2-1 win v Leicester that followed? No, in fact at that stage he was probably a shoe-in for POTS. Maupay has had another decent season, but it's unfortunate for him that we've found a way of playing that's working currently and he's not central to it.

This season Burn has been either a car crash defender or the new Rio Ferdinand, Gross has been either a donkey to be taken and shot or a fantastic player for us, Sanchez has been both the best keeper in the world and a flighty mess... It's Maupay's turn to be the scapegoat currently because even at our greatest point as a Brighton fan, it won't be worth anything without something to moan about.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We created chances in the losing run Maupay missed them all including a penalty, in this side his confidence should be sky high and on 15 goals for the season. Easier the chance the more he misses it’s really quite bizarre.

Last edited:

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Are you saying some fans are reactionary?! HOW DARE YOU?!

But yes, you're right. It's never as simple as it looks. We are a good side that goes through patches. Was Maupay a hindrance to the team when he scored in the three games at the start to beat Watford and Burnley before getting the late equaliser v Palace? Or in the 2-1 win v Leicester that followed? No, in fact at that stage he was probably a shoe-in for POTS. Maupay has had another decent season, but it's unfortunate for him that we've found a way of playing that's working currently and he's not central to it.

This season Burn has been either a car crash defender or the new Rio Ferdinand, Gross has been either a donkey to be taken and shot or a fantastic player for us, Sanchez has been both the best keeper in the world and a flighty mess... It's Maupay's turn to be the scapegoat currently because even at our greatest point as a Brighton fan, it won't be worth anything without something to moan about.

This.
It is so true.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I just think that when you continue on an upward trajectory, as Albion are, there are players who continue to keep up and those that don’t. Our EPL teams since promotion from the Championship show that. I’ve no idea which category Maupay fits in other than he’s got a tough job on his hands to keep up but so have his teammates. Just the nature of being in a league with world class teams/players.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Did anyone spot him at the awards last night? I didn’t see him although I didn’t see a few others either.
I was surprised his goal v Palace didn’t win goal of the season award.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Just asked friends the same thing.

And, yes, he was a bit unlucky.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Did anyone spot him at the awards last night? I didn’t see him although I didn’t see a few others either.

Just found a picture of him on Twitter
Screenshot_20220510-095644_Twitter.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Aspinall *seething* at Maupay for heading off down the tunnel when we brought on the 3rd sub.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

He was there, but left early when he realized he wouldn't be brought on to win an award.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Aspinall *seething* at Maupay for heading off down the tunnel when we brought on the 3rd sub.

WA does a lot of seething over Maupay. NM doesn't do himself any favours but WA has a real bee in his bonnet on it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

He needs to get over this because Neal does this every game now!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

There's me thinking Warren was old.enough to not have temper tantrums when he doesn't get his own way.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
As soon as we had used 3 subs, he went down the tunnel.

I can only think he has been told he’s leaving, and has already got somewhere lined up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here