[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s an Albion football site. First team squad player not celebrating a fantastic win with team mates but running off down the tunnel on the final whistle shouldn’t be discussed? It’s unusual and totally reasonable to ask/speculate why that would happen imo.

Some of you just love an attempted put down and an argument I think, or maybe you are just a better class of fan and the rest of us aren’t worthy. Yeah, that’ll be it probaby.

Tell Warren to STFU too why don’t you? To his face obviously

He didn’t ‘run off down the tunnel’….he ambled off, chatting to Alzate as they went, and not immediately on the final whistle either.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I can't help thinking on the parallel universe forum ChatStandNorth, 'Stolen Valour Maupay' is getting called out for celebrating wins he didn't contribute too.

Maupay played through an awful, truly awful period of the season.
His benching has coincided with:-

- The gaffer getting his groove back.
- A win at Arsenal.
- Goals from midfield.
- The Tross scoring 'his' Southampton/palace/West Ham goals.
- Argie missing a penalty and inexplicably getting another chance.
- Welbz launching into a bone crushing 50/50 AND WALKING AWAY.
- Goals so easy to come by even Bis scored.

I'd be fracking livid if I were him :lol:

Nevermind the gaffer getting his groove back, this is peak SB. :lolol:

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
He's been a great servant, but it's no coincidence that we look sooooo much more threatening without him in the team. Trossard looks a completely different/confident player when Maups isn't around him. Feel dirty saying it but the performances/results in the last 5/6 games don't lie

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Listening to Talksport on the way back after and Gabby Agbonlahor was comparing Ragnick being passive with players with Potter's approach and how he's dropped Maupay after he messed about and seemed too big for his boots or words to that affect. Have I missed something or was this a new bit of gossip being revealed? Or just supposition?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Listening to Talksport on the way back after and Gabby Agbonlahor was comparing Ragnick being passive with players with Potter's approach and how he's dropped Maupay after he messed about and seemed too big for his boots or words to that affect. Have I missed something or was this a new bit of gossip being revealed? Or just supposition?

Two words for you

Talk
&
Sport.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He didn't show his usual tracking and giving it all when he came on and wasn't part of the team going around at the end, must have gone down the tunnel before the others.

We did sing his song when he was warming up infront of us and put his thumb up in thanks.

Hard to read what's going on but something is.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
He didn’t ‘run off down the tunnel’….he ambled off, chatting to Alzate as they went, and not immediately on the final whistle either.

Ambled? Ha ha, fact is it was the best match at the Amex ever, the whole team enjoyed the moment with the fans, walked the pitch, clapped, waved, took in the moment. And Maupay? Was nowhere to be seen, awful man, even when he came on he tried to cause trouble, potter knows it, get rid

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
He didn't show his usual tracking and giving it all when he came on and wasn't part of the team going around at the end, must have gone down the tunnel before the others.

We did sing his song when he was warming up infront of us and put his thumb up in thanks.

Hard to read what's going on but something is.

He’s not in the team. He doesn’t like it. Nothing unusual in that. He still has a big part to play, just not every week. And for those saying we look so much better since he has been out of the team I would say we can’t rely on Welbeck’s fitness so the current line up is not long term sustainable. Maupay has also been absent at a time our midfield has really stepped up with the regular addition of Caicedo.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ambled? Ha ha, fact is it was the best match at the Amex ever, the whole team enjoyed the moment with the fans, walked the pitch, clapped, waved, took in the moment. And Maupay? Was nowhere to be seen, awful man, even when he came on he tried to cause trouble, potter knows it, get rid

The post of mine you’re quoting is related to the game at Wolves

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He’s not in the team. He doesn’t like it. Nothing unusual in that. He still has a big part to play, just not every week. And for those saying we look so much better since he has been out of the team I would say we can’t rely on Welbeck’s fitness so the current line up is not long term sustainable. Maupay has also been absent at a time our midfield has really stepped up with the regular addition of Caicedo.

He is in the team. The team includes the bench. He should be on the pitch with the rest of his mates applauding and getting the applause.

He's been brilliant for us. Maybe just a French strop at being left out. Be interesting when Undav arrives next season.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

The talksport pundits love to attach their own guess/opinion on situations like that and present it as facts. Just dont listen.

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Neal Maupay...What Does He Actually Do?

Scored 4 of the 12 goals in the Goal of the Season shortlist. Pretty impressive for somebody who according to some can’t shoot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Potter alluded to it last season so perhaps it has started again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep. Welbeck is fully fit and a better striker, so he starts ahead of Maupay. Nothing more complicated than that I reckon.
Just a shame he's rarely fit and not really a goal scorer.

At least he's making it nice and easy*** for the recruitment team to find the striker needed for a consistent Top 10 EPL side.

*** Not easy - or cheap.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Personally though I’m a bit tired of Warren going on about Maupay not staying on the pitch with the others in the past few games - I could practically repeat what he says each time now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports