Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

boik

Undav is the Maupay replacement.

But we’ve been hunting for the elusive ‘Welbeck profile’ striker for years. We may get one with Sima, Ferguson, Zeqiri or Tolaj in the long term but it would not surprise me if we signed one in the next two weeks. No surprise at all.

Surely the most Welbeck profile player is a fully fit Welbeck? Which we now seem to have.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Surely the most Welbeck profile player is a fully fit Welbeck? Which we now seem to have.

Indeed. It’s a back-up we’re looking for. Potter has to ‘manage’ Welbeck’s minutes to give the player’s career longevity. We need someone of a similar profile whom we can bring on instead of changing tactics with a Maupay or Undav on as a replacement.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s going to be tough this season. Cooper looks a great manager and has definitely got some quality in. Wolves have had a wobble but the two Portuguese are seriously talented players.
Apart from Bournemouth I just can’t see any obvious candidates for the drop and really wouldn’t be surprised if a relatively big team gets caught up in it this year.
Selling Maupay to a team in a league this competitive seems a big risk, but I trust the club to make the right decision.

I reckon 2 of the three newly promoted will go down plus one other......same as it always is.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I reckon 2 of the three newly promoted will go down plus one other......same as it always is.
Well yes, apart from when we came up! Can't really see any, what I would call, basket-cases. Liecester, Villa and Everton look vulnerable but you can't see them dropping can you?
I wonder if people look at us and say "They are selling all their best players, they could be in trouble"

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Well yes, apart from when we came up! Can't really see any, what I would call, basket-cases. Liecester, Villa and Everton look vulnerable but you can't see them dropping can you?
I wonder if people look at us and say "They are selling all their best players, they could be in trouble"[/QUOTE]

One or two pundits suggested that preseason (well, not exactly trouble but slipping back into the bottom half). Then they watched our first 2 games and were reminded that King Midas looks enviously at Bloom.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Everton preparing for life in the championship

Everton are interested in signing Blackburn striker Ben Brereton Diaz.

They also have a shortlist including Neal Maupay, Armando Broja and Coventry's Viktor Gyokeres.

[@SkySportsNews]

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Everton preparing for life in the championship

Everton are interested in signing Blackburn striker Ben Brereton Diaz.

They also have a shortlist including Neal Maupay, Armando Broja and Coventry's Viktor Gyokeres.

[@SkySportsNews]

Yep, life comes at you fast in the PL! Just 2 years ago they had Ancelotti in charge with Richarlison and DCL up front and James Rodriguez just behind them

Now they've got 'Tim Sherwood with A Levels' in charge and a potential strike force of two Brighton rejects with Alex Iwobi behind them!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yep, life comes at you fast in the PL! Just 2 years ago they had Ancelotti in charge with Richarlison and DCL up front and James Rodriguez just behind them

Now they've got 'Tim Sherwood with A Levels' in charge and a potential strike force of two Brighton rejects with Alex Iwobi behind them!

That's quite funny. Very generous to Lampard though - he has no A-levels...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
35 million, move aside Fulham and Villa your spending on promotion has been blasted out of the water

Cooper has been touted by some on here as being on a par and maybe better than GP. Top six it is for Forest then

Really? I haven't seen that. Justice, THPP and a couple of others aside, the vast majority of posters on here are fully behind GP and TB. :shrug:

Let's see where Cooper is in 4 years before any comparison can be made.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really? I haven't seen that. Justice, THPP and a couple of others aside, the vast majority of posters on here are fully behind GP and TB. :shrug:

I think that this was during our long dip in form before the storming finish. I may be wrong but I seem to remember quite a few suggesting that he'd be the obvious replacement if Potter quit or was sacked.

It could of course have been two or three people constantly repeating this though :smile:

Anyway I believe he is very highly rated by quite a few on here so be interesting to see how he does, it seems he's been given the tools

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I wonder if people look at us and say "They are selling all their best players, they could be in trouble"

It us certainly the case that the basket case teams tend to go, and if there aren't any it's the promoted teams that go down. The basket case teams aren't obvious at the season start, they usually reveal themselves as the season develops by panicking at a bad start and sacking their manager. Southampton look the most obvious candidates for that right now, they've barely won a game since their new owner took over at the start of the year. And Everton really could find themselves in the mix.

There's one obvious basket case club right now, but the idea of Man Utd getting relegated is surely just a dream? :lolol:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Are Forest on commision based on the number of players they sign in a single window - the Gibbs White deal brings it up to 17, not including Maupay.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think that this was during our long dip in form before the storming finish. I may be wrong but I seem to remember quite a few suggesting that he'd be the obvious replacement if Potter quit or was sacked.

It could of course have been two or three people constantly repeating this though :smile:

Anyway I believe he is very highly rated by quite a few on here so be interesting to see how he does, it seems he's been given the tools

It’s quite incredible that some were calling for Potter to be given the boot during that losing streak yet just 6 or 7 weeks later he achieved our highest ever position. Thank god they don’t run our club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here