Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Wasn't it Dennis Law who scored for Man City against Utd that relegated them?

He did score - but it didn't relegate them He was at pains to point that out during 'Too Good To Go Down' on BT Sport Films (watch it if you can its fun) looking forward to the sequel next year..."Too Big to Go Down ???"

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Maupay was in Hove Park with his kid(s) this afternoon ... my lad saw him. He was on his phone ... no doubt checking on the latest transfer speculation!

Sinister Melon

Jun 15, 2022
Why is anyone giving any credence to these Fulham loan rumours? They already have Duffy on loan from us. They literally aren't allowed to have a second one of our players on loan while he is there:

- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I know he’s gone but, seriously, the clue our leaders should be getting that around one quarter of the Prem are after him is ‘are we making a big mistake’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I know he’s gone but, seriously, the clue our leaders should be getting that around one quarter of the Prem are after him is ‘are we making a big mistake’.

It’ll mean losing £15m if we keep our 3rd choice striker. That £15m will be invested in the ‘Welbeck Profile’ signing that the club are looking to secure.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Why is anyone giving any credence to these Fulham loan rumours? They already have Duffy on loan from us. They literally aren't allowed to have a second one of our players on loan while he is there:

- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

They did point this out on air in the same sentence which made it even more confusing?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
If I was Maupay I would stay. He will inevitably score at least one goal which makes him our top premier league goal scorer. That will get him some good headlines and a bit of press which means come the end of the season the wages he can command on a free transfer will be even higher.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If I was Maupay I would stay. He will inevitably score at least one goal which makes him our top premier league goal scorer. That will get him some good headlines and a bit of press which means come the end of the season the wages he can command on a free transfer will be even higher.
If he could score a pen this would of been achieved ages ago. He’s about the only player going backwards under Potter’s reign.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He’s about the only player going backwards under Potter’s reign.

His goals per minute improved from 20/21 to 21/22.
He scored 8 goals from an Xg of 8.55 last season, in the previous season 8 goals from 13.55 Xg.

He isn't going backwards. He wants to play first team football and won't sign a new contract at a club where he's not going to be guaranteed a good percentage of starts. His 26 EPL goals in his three seasons is a record that puts him somewhere near the top twenty goalscorers in the division during that period. That's no mean feat if it were his only attribute. However, he has also developed a reputation as an incredibly hard working and tireless irritant to opposition defenders. He'd be an asset to any club outside of the big six, and at present, at least one of them in it. The fact that he looks like leaving is all to do with his contract situation, value and desire to play as many games as possible and nothing to do with him as a player. If he was happy to sign a new contract and be back up, I suspect that Graham Potter would be very happy to have him as an option. Unfortunately, he isn't and so we look to get some money for him. It turns out that, in the last year of his contract, it looks like we'll, at worst, be making a small profit on what we paid Brentford for him. That wouldn't happen had he gone backwards under Potter.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'll be sorry to see him go, he is amongst the best of bottom half strikers in the PL but we seem to have set our sights on being better than that and he wants more football. C'est La Vie

He is CL quality as a shitehouser though, I will miss that and fully expect to be on the receiving end of it this season too :down:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everton, Forest and Fulham…………mmmmmmm?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here