Votes: 65 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 145 69.0%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't like Americans generally, but I do admire their love for their country.
It must be that love they have that they would storm their house of democracy and violently try to overturn an election result leaving many people dead, while keeping an ancient constitutional right to bare arms to form a militia against federal government alive because they love their country so much - doesn’t matter how many kids get gunned down in the process.

We probably have more love for our country generally than they do - we’re just a bit more cynical and a lot less in your face about it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
at the last coronation we had rationing and half the people used outdoor toilets. it was seen as a reason for celebration and a bit of colour in the grey post war years. today it's seen as yet another reason to be negative.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
at the last coronation we had rationing and half the people used outdoor toilets. it was seen as a reason for celebration and a bit of colour in the grey post war years. today it's seen as yet another reason to be negative.
And gave us a very nice chicken sandwich filler. So it's not all negative.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And in those days it was also legal to put a sign outside your B&B saying "no dogs, blacks or Irish", but times change. These days it's not just black people who won't be told to know their place.

The coronation is sickening to a large part of the population.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't like Americans generally, but I do admire their love for their country.
Love for the country, but not the people in it, given they keep shooting each other dead!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
it's all a bit noncey for my liking ....i won't even watch it, i liked the queen but this guy has been a joke for ever and now the press have managed to somehow legitimise him , despite his Paedo connections and general flakery.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Ambivalent about the royals generally - they're probably justifiable as a tourist attraction. Singing the national anthem at a club game. Nah - but I'm not going to get upset about people that want to either.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A baseball fan was ejected from Yankee Stadium when he tried to go for a slash during the playing of "God Bless America"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-civilrights-baseball-idUSTRE53E66F20090415
I went to a baseball game with the wife's family Detroit Tigers v some team from New York, very contrived music "Let's go Tigers" I am not friggin five !!
Anyways, they play the national anthem, I am sat in my chair, the wife clips me round the ear, and tells me "look everyone is staring at you, you will get your head splattered across those seats, if you don't get up and si" - "Nope I refuse" to and went for a piss...

Got the evils from folks all around me the rest of the boring game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here