• Yes

Votes: 65 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 145 69.0%

• Total voters

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Yes the first line is a real.conundrum for atheists and non monarchists. Literally nothing in it for us at all.
You could add an extra vowel for a pre-match homage to the majesty of our GK's shot-stopping abilities.

This would take into consideration those who hold both non-faith and republican positions.

"Good save our king!"

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I shall be demanding it be sung every five minutes, without fail, throughout the match as well. It's disgusting that it would only happen once.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'll sing it at internationals as it's what represents us as a nation, but I won't be singing it on Monday. I wish we had an equivalent of The Flower of Scotland that we English could use and leave 'God Save the King' to those more aligned to the whole royal/commonwealth idea.

I'm a republican at heart - although I rather worry about what we'd replace our constitutional monarchy with. I'd want to see a non-politicised head of state and I bet we'd screw that up! The words are anachronistic. I'm not singing or praying for an individual.

Anyhow, why are we even playing it? The coronation is on Saturday, not Monday.
well , you've screwed everything else up so i guess a non political head of state is about as feasible as an intelligent , diligent , compassionate prime minister.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
35% is way more than usually join in any singing... so it should be quite impressive.
"We're the North Stand, we're the North Stand we're the North Stand royalist boys!"
"We're the West Stand, we're the West Stand we're the West Stand royalist boys!"

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone else had the email from Barber yet regarding the CCTV surveillance of the singing of the national anthem and the sanctions for not singing along (5 game ban), singing too fast (3 game ban) besmirching the king (10 game ban) and booing (an hour in the stocks being pelted with unsold pies) ? Note - all penalties will be applied consecutively not concurrently

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m not sure if I’ll join in or not. Will they put the words up on the big screen ?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Charles, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Anyone else had the email from Barber yet regarding the CCTV surveillance of the singing of the national anthem and the sanctions for not singing along (5 game ban), singing too fast (3 game ban) besmirching the king (10 game ban) and booing (an hour in the stocks being pelted with unsold pies) ? Note - all penalties will be applied consecutively not concurrently
You say this in jest but given the new powers that the Tories have just introduced against protesting, these sanctions probably aren't too far away.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Charles, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.
See, as a methodology to become ruler of an entire nation this is at least quirky. Despite what the peasant in 'The Holy Grail' says I'd probably cheer for someone who had a scimitar thrown at them by the Lady of the Lake.

Divine birthright is f***ing dull. And ridiculous. And archaic.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
See, as a methodology to become ruler of an entire nation this is at least quirky. Despite what the peasant in 'The Holy Grail' says I'd probably cheer for someone who had a scimitar thrown at them by the Lady of the Lake.

Divine birthright is f***ing dull. And ridiculous. And archaic.
Where do you stand on inheritance and other social advantages? Perhaps even genealogy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here