Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
agree with this ,seems he has far too much influence with all first team matters ,

You are worried that the first team Assistant Manager has too much influence on 'first team matters'? What a ridiculous comment.

Do any of the players have a lot of respect for Jones as they have all played at a much higher level and also Garcia who it seems would be hard pressed to inspire any sort of reaction from anyone ?

Not as ridiculus as this, though. So they 'don't respect Jones' because he didn't play at the highest level, and don't respect Garcia even though he played higher than any of them can ever hope to match? What a load of absolute crap.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This is becoming one of those commonly held NSC opinions and I have no idea where it's come from. I'm not saying that anybody is wrong but is there any evidence for any of this?

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
He's a TERRIBLE coach. I have no idea what he does on a daily basis and I've not taken any coaching badges and sometimes I struggle to understand the difference between my arse and my elbow, but I am 100% certain that he absolutely USELESS.

Quite right :thumbsup: but you slagged me off on your thread about the Sean Dyche Interview when I said about Nathan being crap ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is becoming one of those commonly held NSC opinions and I have no idea where it's come from. I'm not saying that anybody is wrong but is there any evidence for any of this?

There is none.

(some) people just NEED someone to blame, when anything is not going well. They don't want to blame Oscar, because they want to believe he's great, and they can't blame Bloom, so Jones gets it.

He's got the job because he knows the division, knows the club, speaks Spanish, has the highest level of qualifications, is highly rated after a very succesful spell with Charlton's development squad, and clearly interviews well.

But against that, he has shit hair and once tried to get one of our players sent off. Burn him.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Why does he do all the interviews ?

Some managers do them all, some don't, others are sporadic.

Why does it matter anyway? The assistant manager is just as good a person to give answers on behalf of the management team. If there was an issue with what he'd been saying I doubt Oscar would've let it carry on.

(I now await a conspiracy plot reply about OG not having the choice, much like team signings, team selection and so on)

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm on the fence about Jones still, so don't really agree or disagree with anyone at the moment. But what I would ask, in response to this, is how do you judge an assistant manager?

For many years the vast majority of us realised Dean White was qualified only to work at the sixth tier of English football or lower, carry the drinks and fix televisions, and this view was clearly correct in hindsight. But how is it possible for any of us to actually PROVE an assistant manager is/isn't up to the job?

Exactly, hence my question asking where people are getting this opinion from...

HKFC has basically confirmed my suspicions that it is a desire for a scapegoat, I just thought I was missing something...

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm on the fence about Jones still, so don't really agree or disagree with anyone at the moment. But what I would ask, in response to this, is how do you judge an assistant manager?

For many years the vast majority of us realised Dean White was qualified only to work at the sixth tier of English football or lower, carry the drinks and fix televisions, and this view was clearly correct in hindsight. But how is it possible for any of us to actually PROVE an assistant manager is/isn't up to the job?

It isn't, the only opinons that should really matter with regards to an assistant managers effectiveness are those of the manager and the players.

Obviously, everyone should feel free to say what they want but unless you work closely with him day to day, you can't know anything for sure.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You are worried that the first team Assistant Manager has too much influence on 'first team matters'? What a ridiculous comment.

Not as ridiculus as this, though. So they 'don't respect Jones' because he didn't play at the highest level, and don't respect Garcia even though he played higher than any of them can ever hope to match? What a load of absolute crap.

Each to their own. We all have opinions.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I still don't like him. Not saying he's a bad coach or anything, although he might be, just that I think he's a w@nker.

He's actually a very, very nice bloke. Met him with a few friends and lady friends after the Reading match in the Wick Inn and he was really sound. Was having a laugh about whatever with us but when talking about football and his role at the club he was very passionate and 'seemed' to know his stuff. Anyone would've thought we were in the relegation zone and he was draining the club dry with all the turd spouted off on here.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1) Sir Alex Ferguson was a shite player, yet that didn't seem to prevent him getting the most out of highly respected players.
2) Oscar Garcia played for Barcelona and Spain in the Olympics and has won major honours. And if a player can't respect someone like that, someone who has already won a league title cutting his teeth in management, and someone who has Johan Cruyff on speed dial, well who should they respect?

Fair enough but the name dropping seems a bit desperate. I am not on the Garcia shangri la. He has done a holding job but I cannot see him insipring anyone. Everyone thinks next season with " his " team we will steamroller the division but I just can't see it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fair enough but the name dropping seems a bit desperate. I am not on the Garcia shangri la. He has done a holding job but I cannot see him insipring anyone. Everyone thinks next season with " his " team we will steamroller the division but I just can't see it.

No nor am I on this Shangri la either, but it was probably unrealistic to expect much above what we are getting. Poyet was a brilliant manager but he left us in a mess. You need to get over this, IMO.

To be honest, I agree with HKFC. Your argument is all over the place. You're whining about Jones because he wasn't a world beater, then complained about Garcia even though he was. Ridiculous.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No nor am I on this Shangri la either, but it was probably unrealistic to expect much above what we are getting. Poyet was a brilliant manager but he left us in a mess. You need to get over this, IMO.

To be honest, I agree with HKFC. Your argument is all over the place. You're whining about Jones because he wasn't a world beater, then complained about Garcia even though he was. Ridiculous.

This is what I actually wrote. Nothing about the level Garcia played at.

Do any of the players have a lot of respect for Jones as they have all played at a much higher level and also Garcia who it seems would be hard pressed to inspire any sort of reaction from anyone ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here