Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nathan Jones **Joins Charlton 04/02/2023**

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
One time I remember at Withdean, Jonesy didn't square the ball to Bobby Zamora for a certain goal and elected to go it alone and fluffed the chance.

Bobby SCREAMED at him as they ran back into position. "JONESYYYY JONESEEEYYY OIIIII!!!! IT COULD HAVE BEEN 2-0 YOU C*****T!!! JONESY YOU C**********T!!!"

That is a true story about Nathan Jones.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Quite an interesting story that.

I have met him a few times and I formed a personal opinion that I thought he was a bit of a " NobEdd "

Now granted I wasn't in his company very long and maybe I just misunderstood him but I just thought the way he was acting he was right up his own ass. However I will give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe I was the one having a bad day those days.

Southampton isn't really the type of Club that will put up with someone like Nathan for too long. Unless he just happens to go in there and win 6 in a row or something but I doubt that. Top sides will slaughter Southampton under Nathan Jones.

His achievements at Luton aren't that heroic. Look at how all the teams in the Championship are constrained together with very few pints between them.

But good luck to the guy. He works really hard. He just has the personality of a peacock .
Will a lettuce be competing against Nathan Jones in the sack race!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Will a lettuce be competing against Nathan Jones in the sack race!
If appointed, it'll be interesting to see if he romaines in post longer than Liz Truss...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just been talking about this to a fellow Albionite, in the same way the his Villa tenure has effectively scuppered any chance Stevie G had of replacing Klopp at Liverpool, if Nathan fails at St Mary's and possibly gets relegated will that put him out of the frame if Roberto ever gets tempted back to one of the big jobs in the Old Country?
Stuff of nightmares for this poster if he’s next in line after GP and RDZ. Say it ain’t so!

I hope he’s gone for good not just gone too long :lolol:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Stuff of nightmares for this poster if he’s next in line after GP and RDZ. Say it ain’t so!

I hope he’s gone for good not just gone too long :lolol:
To be fair Icy, unless he keeps Southampton up and wins the FA Cup :thumbsup:, he's light years away from the Amex dugout, after the Bruno debacle there's no such thing as a legend any more, he was popular figure as both player and coach but in all honesty we are a class above what he's got to offer us both now and in the future. (Famous last words that could come back to haunt me :))

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just been talking about this to a fellow Albionite, in the same way the his Villa tenure has effectively scuppered any chance Stevie G had of replacing Klopp at Liverpool, if Nathan fails at St Mary's and possibly gets relegated will that put him out of the frame if Roberto ever gets tempted back to one of the big jobs in the Old Country?
Imagine our sights will be a bit higher than Jonesy whenever the post deZ era arrives.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think he's out of the frame for us anyway now. If he does well at Southampton then the next move for him is a Big Six club, not sideways to us. If he does badly then yes, we, quite rightly, won't want to touch him with a bargepole.

I'm expecting it to be the latter.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If appointed, it'll be interesting to see if he romaines in post longer than Liz Truss...
A few defeats and he could be saying radiccherio to the job.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I don't think he was ever in the frame. Bloom wants us to play a completely different type of football than Jones has played in his management career up to now. All the time TB's the chairman, and we stay in this division, we'll be looking for Guardiola acolytes.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
To be fair Icy, unless he keeps Southampton up and wins the FA Cup :thumbsup:, he's light years away from the Amex dugout, after the Bruno debacle there's no such thing as a legend any more, he was popular figure as both player and coach but in all honesty we are a class above what he's got to offer us both now and in the future. (Famous last words that could come back to haunt me :))
I'm not sure Jones has ever been close to being an Albion legend. And didn't he piss a lot of people off after he left us as a player but before he came back as a coach

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I'm not sure Jones has ever been close to being an Albion legend. And didn't he piss a lot of people off after he left us as a player but before he came back as a coach
I seem to recall he got an Albion player sent off at Yeovil and Micky Adams pulled him up on camera about it Sept 2008?

It was the same day that Worthing United lost at home to Hassocks 15/1, although it’s believed that VAR would have ruled the 4th, 8th, 10th, 11th and 14th out 😂

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are Saints in financial trouble that they are needing to go cheap…. Would we have been happy after Potter left to have approached Mr Jones ?
I'd have been gutted. Maybe Nathan Jones will go on to become a great manager, but he hasn't shown it yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here