Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones' Comments on the Atmosphere this Saturday

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Really don't get this expectation that staff and players should also be fans of the club. Some are. Some aren't.
As long as they do what they are paid to do then I'm happy.
Hope the fans do sustain a bit of vocal support tomorrow and Tuesday though. Has to make a difference.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Anyone not comfortable talking about their profession to a camera, microphone, or small group, is 100% for sure, no denials, in the wrong profession.

I don't see him as uncomfortable, just insulting of the fans intelligence.....but then again, reading much of this board.....maybe not huh?

What a load of crap.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Give us fans something to cheer about Nath and I am sure all the loyal fans who keep turning up week after week will get right behind you.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Anyone not comfortable talking about their profession to a camera, microphone, or small group, is 100% for sure, no denials, in the wrong profession.

I don't see him as uncomfortable, just insulting of the fans intelligence.....but then again, reading much of this board.....maybe not huh?

What a load of crap

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm another one that doesn't get the Jones hate. Why should there ALWAYS be someone to hate at the club. It seems like some supporters are never happy until they have found a bone to pick with the club, be it a player (barnes/lopez), management (dull oscar/jones), or people like Barber. Can't we just get behind the team for once without this petty sniping. We have two massive home games coming up which give us an opportunity to take three points out of two of our promotion rivals. This is not time to sit back and wait to be entertained, this is the time for us to step up and play our part too. :albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Sorry my mistake, I didn't realise all the hours NJ spent on the training since he was pre teen.
All the games he's played, the endless hours of motorway boredom, the coaching he's done, the qualifications he's earned, was all to forward his media career.

There's me thinking it was all connected to football.

I couldn't think of anything worse than having a spotlight thrust into my face at 4:50pm every Saturday.
Or being surrounded in the training pitch media scrum.

Week in week out we watch media professionals screw up.
Christ Dennis Norden extended his career because of it (one for the kids!!).

But Nathan Jones has to be held to a higher standard.

Last edited:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Again, no idea where this hatred of Jones comes from. He's a lot more articulate than Tanno or Charlie were, he was a decent player when he was with us and doesn't act like a petulant child on the touchline like some. There's always someone people love to blame and as it's too soon for people to direct their anger at OG (not that there's anything to be angry about) they need another scapegoat. Well, Billy Davies should be available soon....

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm another one that doesn't get the Jones hate. Why should there ALWAYS be someone to hate at the club. It seems like some supporters are never happy until they have found a bone to pick with the club, be it a player (barnes/lopez), management (dull oscar/jones), or people like Barber. Can't we just get behind the team for once without this petty sniping. We have two massive home games coming up which give us an opportunity to take three points out of two of our promotion rivals. This is not time to sit back and wait to be entertained, this is the time for us to step up and play our part too. :albion2:

This. I can't wait to get there. I'm even staying in tonight so I'm fresh and up early to get on the beer at 11. I shall be doing my damnest to cheer the lads on.

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
This. I can't wait to get there. I'm even staying in tonight so I'm fresh and up early to get on the beer at 11. I shall be doing my damnest to cheer the lads on.

Early night then? Yeah right.

No negatives from me tomorrow, all positive encouragement (there is no Hammond anymore is there?)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Loved him at Withdean. Not such a big fan now.

However, I find it baffling how so many people can criticise his coaching style or ability without having ever seen him take a training session, spoken to him about his approach to football or spoken to any players about how they find him on the training ground.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He says all the 'right' things. Football cliché after football cliché. My 'favourite' is "It's going to be a tough game" (which he uses even when we are playing a bottom three side at home: thank you for Barnsley at home and Yeovil away Nathan). What an immense surprise that the fans are "our 12th man". Wow! How enlightening!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Loved him at Withdean. Not such a big fan now.

However, I find it baffling how so many people can criticise his coaching style or ability without having ever seen him take a training session, spoken to him about his approach to football or spoken to any players about how they find him on the training ground.

Who has criticised his coaching!? It's just his inane BS media work that gets my goat (and a few others it seems).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So your holding against him the possibility he might not be comfortable doing the media work, but doesn't really have a choice.
Plus when he was younger living in a vibrant city, as a fairly 'big fish' with money to burn, he was a bit of a knob.

Tough crowd.

I was thinking the same..funny old thread

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He says all the 'right' things. Football cliché after football cliché. My 'favourite' is "It's going to be a tough game" (which he uses even when we are playing a bottom three side at home: thank you for Barnsley at home and Yeovil away Nathan). What an immense surprise that the fans are "our 12th man". Wow! How enlightening!

Gosh wonder how many interviews with footballers/coaching staff/managers include football cliches :whistle:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Who has criticised his coaching!? It's just his inane BS media work that gets my goat (and a few others it seems).

Not on this thread. But plenty of other threads have carried criticism of either Jones' influence on Oscar or his abilities as an assistant.

And regarding his media presence, he will be ASKED to talk about these things but the local media and the club.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gosh wonder how many interviews with footballers/coaching staff/managers include football cliches :whistle:

Only Nathan and everyone else! The thing is, I want to hear from the organ grinder, and not the monkey, but it appears the organ grinder is mute!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not on this thread. But plenty of other threads have carried criticism of either Jones' influence on Oscar or his abilities as an assistant.

And regarding his media presence, he will be ASKED to talk about these things but the local media and the club.

Well, it appears that Nathan can spot a turkey of a footballer extremely well - see Obika. That said I think Stephens is a very good player.

Re the media - this 'ASKED' argument was rolled out for Gus' BS media work too. Bottom-line is Gus was appalling in his press dealings, and Nathan offers inane platitudes.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Early night then? Yeah right.

No negatives from me tomorrow, all positive encouragement (there is no Hammond anymore is there?)

Yes mate I swear!!!!!

Went out for a couple last night so a day off today......

Saying that I've got my Exams for my course today so if I do well I may have a couple this afternoon before she gets home from work ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here