Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones and Adam El-Abd

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Haha where you in there last Saturday? I saw him sat at the bar.

Indeed I was, Mr M. I was the tall bird probs semi-slumping on the bar, just round from NJ & his mate: next to a perplexed & dishevelled looking Mr Banana. He doesn't normally look like that, it's the effect I have on him when I drag him along for "a cheeky one for the road...". :wozza:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have heard something similar, but it is third hand info, so I can't vouch for it.
Me too.

Personally, I don't see what all the fuss is about. One bloke doesn't get on with another? It's hardly unheard of is it? And seeing as most of us barely know the two involved, why choose one side and character-assassinate him? There is no reason not to think Jones is a decent enough bloke, and the same goes for El Abd, but obviously there is a personality clash there. I'd say this sort of clash is to be expected in a period of transition, which after 3 years of Gus is exactly where we are.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Me too.

Personally, I don't see what all the fuss is about. One bloke doesn't get on with another? It's hardly unheard of is it? And seeing as most of us barely know the two involved, why choose one side and character-assassinate him? There is no reason not to think Jones is a decent enough bloke, and the same goes for El Abd, but obviously there is a personality clash there. I'd say this sort of clash is to be expected in a period of transition, which after 3 years of Gus is exactly where we are.

Indeed. I've not met AEA personally but consider him an absolute legend and have heard good things from those who have. I have met NJ and found him to be charming and a real fan of the club, and I know a mutual acquaintance from the Withdean years who can't speak highly enough of him. What isn't beyond the realms of possibility is that players who were made to feel 'special' by the former management team no longer felt quite that way. AEA and Barnes, being the more combative type of player certainly fit the bill for the types of player Gus warms too and identifies with. Oscar and Jones are bright enough to know you still need that type of player, but perhaps were less concerned about losing them if they no longer wanted to be around for whatever reason. That's no-one's fault, it's football and life in general.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Indeed I was, Mr M. I was the tall bird probs semi-slumping on the bar, just round from NJ & his mate: next to a perplexed & dishevelled looking Mr Banana. He doesn't normally look like that, it's the effect I have on him when I drag him along for "a cheeky one for the road...". :wozza:

Catchphrase_176x220_EN_slideshow.gif

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Make of it what you will, but I have inside knowledge that AEA did indeed try to stick one on Jones. He had to be held back by three other players.

I have been told the same story, my sauce is a wife of a current player. Jones had a go in the dressing after the match about the how the subs had been warming up. El Abd took it as having a go at him, epecially after he had been thrown on with a minute to go. El Abd had to be held back. I have know knowledge of how the relationship between the two had been previously.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
From reading this thread you would think that it's doom and gloom in the changing room. We are 6th in the league, linked with better players coming in and players like Upson and Ward with huge experience are talking up a promotion push, doesn't sound like doom and gloom to me, the coaching staff must be doing something right.

This quote in today's Argus from AEA would seem to suggest that this thread contains a fair amount of bollox:

"I am very sad to be leaving, leaving behind a lot of friends – and the team spirit at the club is the best there is"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here