Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones and Adam El-Abd

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
"A nice friendly bloke"
Well if thats all you need on your CV to get an assistant head coach job then a few of us would be in with a shout.

Perhaps you could pop into The Wick & ask him about his Assistant Manager credentials yourself?

*Handy Hint Alert* On a Saturday evening after a home game might be a good time.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Good to hear(read) Twinkle Toes. I take it thats not your real name :lolol:

When i head back to Brighton/Hove these days the Wick Inn seems like one of the better pubs. The whole 360 degree bar works well and the refurb upstairs looks good. Later opening hours a definite attraction :drink:

Yes, The Wick is a certainly one of the better pubs around this way. I remember it's former incarnation (The Biscuit Factory) wasn't the nicest of hostelries - unless you wanted a load of agg of a weekend - but thankfully the new lot have really turned things around, particularly over the last 18 months. The Tai food smells really appetising too, although I've normally got the booze goggles on when I frequent the joint. :whisky:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
From reading this thread you would think that it's doom and gloom in the changing room. We are 6th in the league, linked with better players coming in and players like Upson and Ward with huge experience are talking up a promotion push, doesn't sound like doom and gloom to me, the coaching staff must be doing something right.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Took longer for somebody to suggest that than I expected. Could it not be that Adam is going to play regularly and secure his families future, or is that too simple.

Almost certainly this. He's 29 with little prospect of playing regularly. Don't forget this isn't like the good old days when if you didn't play for the first team or were sub you got to play a midweek match for the reserves. Don't think AEA even gets to be an overage player in the development squad.

I'm beginning to think the events this week are NJ related. Both Ashley Barnes and Adam El-abd are passionate and aggressive types who I suspect wouldn't think twice about giving him a hard time - verbally or otherwise. I think this could be a case of NJ driving out those who he thinks are getting in his way. I hope I'm wrong as we need players with passion on the pitch.

Get a life. Putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 4,000,000. You have no basis whatsoever for that supposition. From what I can tell, neither Ashley Barnes nor Adam El Abd are aggressive types off the pitch. Not sure there is any evidence to suggest otherwise. Perhaps you don't like NJ and are just muck stirring?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yes, The Wick is a certainly one of the better pubs around this way. I remember it's former incarnation (The Biscuit Factory) wasn't the nicest of hostelries - unless you wanted a load of agg of a weekend - but thankfully the new lot have really turned things around, particularly over the last 18 months. The Tai food smells really appetising too, although I've normally got the booze goggles on when I frequent the joint. :whisky:

Last time I was in the Wick someone got shot and all of us were held for hours as witnesses.

And the Guiness was off. You're welcome to it Dee.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
This thread is ridiculous. IF there was a falling out between El Abd and Jones, why is it assumed that there is no possibility that El Abd was the one at fault?

Indeed. Even by NSCs standards this is all nonsense. No one knows if there was a bust up and if there was whose fault it was. No one on here has been seriously suggesting AEA should start ahead of Upson or Greer (which is AEAs main issue) and the character assassination of NJ is baseless and uncalled for especially when we are sitting pretty in 6th. I always think his interviews are a breath of fresh air after the slightly awkward pigeon English of OG.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Reckon Adam was brought on v Birmingham in injury time as it was already known he was leaving, and it gave him his 300th league appearance for us.

I'm sure this whole allegation is just mischief-making nonsense somewhere along the line.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Make of it what you will, but I have inside knowledge that AEA did indeed try to stick one on Jones. He had to be held back by three other players.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Almost certainly this. He's 29 with little prospect of playing regularly. Don't forget this isn't like the good old days when if you didn't play for the first team or were sub you got to play a midweek match for the reserves. Don't think AEA even gets to be an overage player in the development

Get a life. Putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 4,000,000. You have no basis whatsoever for that supposition. From what I can tell, neither Ashley Barnes nor Adam El Abd are aggressive types off the pitch. Not sure there is any evidence to suggest otherwise. Perhaps you don't like NJ and are just muck stirring?

Fair enough drew. No muck stirring intended but I guess I asked for that. That'll teach me to post on NSC after a bad day at the office :)

Soooo.........
The mention of a little post match willy waving in a show of alpha maleness to suggest why AEA wasnt at training and its turned to doom mongering!

In reality two moderate hot heads having a difference of opinion, one plays, one has a hand in who plays, almost inevitable that a group of men with a passion for game will have little spats and fall out from time to time. Have anyone here never fallen out with mate and then kissed and made up?

With regard to 300th appearance and leaving etc I know nothing, I do know it was a post match testostrone charged affair with a possible hint of history. That are both fine upstanding members of the Albion and wish them both all the best with whatever the future holds, hopefully the testosterone lasts until at least three points have been secured on Saturday!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Make of it what you will, but I have inside knowledge that AEA did indeed try to stick one on Jones. He had to be held back by three other players.

I have heard something similar, but it is third hand info, so I can't vouch for it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Fair enough drew. No muck stirring intended but I guess I asked for that. That'll teach me to post on NSC after a bad day at the office :)

POETS day today so hopefully a better day in the office. Unless of course you have to travel to London and are currently stuck on a train waiting for the Balcombe floods to subside!

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Last time I was in the Wick someone got shot and all of us were held for hours as witnesses.

And the Guiness was off. You're welcome to it Dee.

Crivens! Was that recently Mr B - or was that a good few years ago? :ohmy:

ps I hope the shooting & the Guinness being off weren't related!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Perhaps you could pop into The Wick & ask him about his Assistant Manager credentials yourself?

*Handy Hint Alert* On a Saturday evening after a home game might be a good time.

Haha where you in there last Saturday? I saw him sat at the bar.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Quite. Given that Ashley Barnes has already said in interviews that both Oscar and Nathan Jones expressed their desire for him to stay I'd say any falling out between Barnes and NJ is very unlikely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here