Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones and Adam El-Abd

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Leave it out with all the Nathan Jones negativity. Bumped into him in the Wick Inn the night of the Albion v Reading FA Cup win with Jamie81. A nice, friendly bloke. I drunkenly mentioned the Micky Adams - "Hey Jonesy! Just seen it mate!" incident, which he laughed about. Ironically that was the night before the 4th round draw was made. Spooky!!!!!

P.s Hats off to El-Abd. A great servant to the Albion. He'll do well at City. A cracking place to live as well :bowdown:

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
and then there is nothing to substantiate that the 2 of them didn't get on...or that if they didn't, it would be the reason why Adam has left......next.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
I'm beginning to think the events this week are NJ related. Both Ashley Barnes and Adam El-abd are passionate and aggressive types who I suspect wouldn't think twice about giving him a hard time - verbally or otherwise. I think this could be a case of NJ driving out those who he thinks are getting in his way. I hope I'm wrong as we need players with passion on the pitch.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Leave it out with all the Nathan Jones negativity. Bumped into him in the Wick Inn the night of the Albion v Reading FA Cup win with Jamie81. A nice, friendly bloke. I drunkenly mentioned the Micky Adams - "Hey Jonesy! Just seen it mate!" incident, which he laughed about. Ironically that was the night before the 4th round draw was made. Spooky!!!!!

P.s Hats off to El-Abd. A great servant to the Albion. He'll do well at City. A cracking place to live as well :bowdown:

"A nice friendly bloke"
Well if thats all you need on your CV to get an assistant head coach job then a few of us would be in with a shout.

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm beginning to think the events this week are NJ related. Both Ashley Barnes and Adam El-abd are passionate and aggressive types who I suspect wouldn't think twice about giving him a hard time - verbally or otherwise. I think this could be a case of NJ driving out those who he thinks are getting in his way. I hope I'm wrong as we need players with passion on the pitch.

I agree, I just hope we don't end up a weak spineless team all flair but no substance.

Mind you we do have incey!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think Nathan Jones is the problem but I think some of the team spirit has disappeared since Charlie left.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
"A nice friendly bloke"
Well if thats all you need on your CV to get an assistant head coach job then a few of us would be in with a shout.

How about quite a good reputation as an up and coming coach? AS WELL as the connection to the club and being able to speak the language that the manager and a good proportion of the players do.

I am beyond gutted that AEA has left but am amazed at the hatred for Jones randomly coming out! And I was there at Yeovil for that celebration btw...

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I liked jones as a player, I think he speaks in a sort of dour way in interviews but really most dour footballers and managers have been nothing like that in real life.

I'd be suprised if this was the case about Jones and El-Abd, seeing as El-Abd has had to but up with a fair few managers, also it's a squad game, El-Abd just had 6 starts on the trot and apparently the BC transfer was being talked about at Ashton gate a month ago.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
How about quite a good reputation as an up and coming coach? AS WELL as the connection to the club and being able to speak the language that the manager and a good proportion of the players do.

I am beyond gutted that AEA has left but am amazed at the hatred for Jones randomly coming out! And I was there at Yeovil for that celebration btw...

Exactly my thoughts when he came on board in the summer....

But since then, he has really got my goat! Not sure why....just something doesn't seem right.

Probably irrational and unfair of me mind....

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Good job you don't have to think much then is it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This thread is ridiculous. IF there was a falling out between El Abd and Jones, why is it assumed that there is no possibility that El Abd was the one at fault?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Blimey, Meself & The Boy Banana bumped into him last Satdi evening in The Wick too! I guess it's not so unusual - since we all live in & around the centre of Hove - but what was unusual was my long standing ire towards his Huish Park antics suddenly seemed out-dated & irrelevant. I had a brief chat with him about the game & Andrew Crofts' injury & left him to get on with his evening. Funnily enough, just like your impression the week before, I found him to be a thoroughly nice, friendly guy too. :thumbsup:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Blimey, Meself & The Boy Banana bumped into him last Satdi evening in The Wick too! I guess it's not so unusual - since we all live in & around the centre of Hove - but what was unusual was my long standing ire towards his Huish Park antics suddenly seemed out-dated & irrelevant. I had a brief chat with him about the game & Andrew Crofts' injury & left him to get on with his evening. Funnily enough, just like your impression the week before, I found him to be a thoroughly nice, friendly guy too. :thumbsup:

Good to hear(read) Twinkle Toes. I take it thats not your real name :lolol:

When i head back to Brighton/Hove these days the Wick Inn seems like one of the better pubs. The whole 360 degree bar works well and the refurb upstairs looks good. Later opening hours a definite attraction :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here