Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] N1F (Burnley)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yup. This is the first time I've opened my test pack and only the 2nd time of catching it.
I've been fairly careful, wore a mask on a plane in October and only caught it once.
I've got a pre-op assessment in January so debating whether to attend the Spurs game.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
You're right, but if I don't go to football, there are literally weeks where I'll be isolated and not see anybody. It's the only risk I take. I have an auto-immune disease anyway, hence why I try to be more careful than the majority as the drugs I take strip my immune system.

To quote Potter, as he seems to be a topic of conversation again, "It is what it is".
I totally sympathize - I know people in the same situation - but, like others have said, whoever had it at the game (if it was caught there) may not of even known they had it. My elderly mother in law tested a few weeks ago as my son had all the symptoms of covid and had been with her - he tested negative, but she tested positive, even though she had no symptoms whatsoever.

Cant really come on here and rant about a particular person(s) being a selfish twat if they possibly had no idea they had it...

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I've been fairly careful, wore a mask on a plane in October and only caught it once.
I've got a pre-op assessment in January so debating whether to attend the Spurs game.
Was supposed to see my neurologist yesterday for my annual check-up, but had to cancel, and have an annual MRI in Feb. It's not easy being vigilant all the time.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
You're right, but if I don't go to football, there are literally weeks where I'll be isolated and not see anybody. It's the only risk I take. I have an auto-immune disease anyway, hence why I try to be more careful than the majority as the drugs I take strip my immune system.

To quote Potter, as he seems to be a topic of conversation again, "It is what it is".
Ok. Now you've put this in context, apologies for my flippant remarks, and I'm sorry you've been unlucky and your evening's been spoilt. Still, very unlikely you caught this through someone else's wilful and selfish negligence. As the Pott would have said..........

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Cant really come on here and rant about a particular person(s) being a selfish twat if they possibly had no idea they had it...
No this true, but I find NSC is like 'The White Wall'. Sometimes it's just therapeutic to vent.

el punal

For reasons, I know for a fact the only place I could have contracted Covid in the last couple of days is because some selfish twat decided to go to this game with the disease.

Thanks for ruining tonight's game for me. I hope you're happy. :mad:
Okay, so you are blaming some fan at a football match for your ailment. Have you considered that, just possibly, travelling from your hermetically sealed, abode of isolation you could have picked up said virus? I’m presuming that whatever transport you took involved being with other susceptible human beings - a car with driver or passengers, a train, a bus, a P&R bus to convey you from where your car is parked?

Just a thought and all that to ponder on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I hope your symptoms aren't too bad. The virus now has mutated to one more favourable for its own survival (there is no value to the virus from hilling the host). But as others have said there is no way to identify the source. My expectation is the virus will mutate so that it can spread before triggering symptoms. There are all sorts of 'cold' viruses that operate like this.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
For reasons, I know for a fact the only place I could have contracted Covid in the last couple of days is because some selfish twat decided to go to this game with the disease.

Thanks for ruining tonight's game for me. I hope you're happy. :mad:
I am N1F - down near the front there are a lot of twats there, you will have to be more specific.

Anyway the new variants have an average incubation period of 3/4 days meaning Monday/Tuesday.
Add to that the virus can survive on items for up to seven days, so you could catch it from stuff even being delivered to your house.

We now Know for a fact, your a......

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Saw a man on the train the other day wearing a mask but it was so old and filthy it was disgusting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here