Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My letter to the Football League Show - for the attention of Mr Claridge

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
BensGrandad - that is not why I sent it. I did not send it on the premise it would either be read, passed to Mr.Claridge or go anywhere other than the bin. In a heated few weeks at work I found the 15 minutes it took to write at 7am this morning both cathartic and rewarding. If that, in your eyes, makes me a fool - then a fool I am.

But if we are only ever putting words down in writing to get results and what we want surely that would rather sad. You state your opinion on here on many occasions - and sometimes people suggest that you are miserable cretinous retard - not an opinion I am supporting at all of course.

But still you write - and more power you.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
But Tooting Gull - I wrote the letter for my benefit - not yours. As with many posts on here it is the airing of peoples opinions that illicits response. Sometimes.

If you have ideas as to what should be written then write a letter yourself - of if you think its a waste of time then dont write the letter. I chose to write a letter. Not much more to it than that.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
So why did you send it at all, or post it on NSC?

For the same reason that you post on here (just short of 10,000 times it would appear).

To get a reaction from my opinion, to pass comment on other's opinion and to see what topics are of interest on a particular day. We all enjoy seeing what people write in reaction to what we write. no difference here. Your post count would suggest that you are exactly the same. I sent it because I wanted to. I posted because I wanted to. what is the problem with that?

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
Digweeds you are on fire...tearing up every opponent with a fearsome yet true comeback..keep up the good work

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
But Tooting Gull - I wrote the letter for my benefit - not yours. As with many posts on here it is the airing of peoples opinions that illicits response. Sometimes.

If you have ideas as to what should be written then write a letter yourself - of if you think its a waste of time then dont write the letter. I chose to write a letter. Not much more to it than that.

Fair enough. Why post it up on here, then? If you hadn't, I'd never have seen it. The truth is you thought everyone would just agree with you, and you're getting a bit arsey now that they don't.

If I wrote the BBC a letter, I very much doubt I would reproduce it on here. But then I'm not a shameless attention seeker. Otherwise I'll stick to putting my views on here, a forum a million miles better than the Football League Show.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I fully understand your reasoning and desire to do this and would not condemn you for this I was just pointing out that you may have achieved more by a more subtle approach. Like you I was irate about the fact that Meridian didn t show our goals on Wednesday so sent an e mail to ITV slating them and Fred Dineage for this, being a drector of Portsmouth FC and being biased. I received an e mail reply from him stating that he has not been a director of Portsmouth since Mandaric left and that he had no say in what was put into the news or shown. At least I felt better after I had done it so can appreciate where you are coming from. I think fans need to e mail the FL show in numbers stating the differing opinions of Gus and Claridge but not slating Claridge personally.

Last edited:

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Crikey. Things must be going well on the pitch for people to be bitching about something quite so trivial.

Shouldn't we be discussing our favourite biscuits, or whether a cheese topped bap is indeed a "Cheese Roll"?

Crikey. Things must be going well on the pitch for people to be bitching about something quite so trivial.

Shouldn't we be discussing our favourite biscuits, or whether a cheese topped bap is indeed a "Cheese Roll"?

I was just about to post something similar. Digweeds got something out of writing it, and at least a few of us had a chuckle at it. What's not to like? Not everything has to be taken seriously...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well it amused me and will no doubt amuse the staff at the BBC who get to read it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
For the same reason that you post on here (just short of 10,000 times it would appear).

To get a reaction from my opinion, to pass comment on other's opinion and to see what topics are of interest on a particular day. We all enjoy seeing what people write in reaction to what we write. no difference here. Your post count would suggest that you are exactly the same. I sent it because I wanted to. I posted because I wanted to. what is the problem with that?

No problem at all.

Just confused that you stated you didn't care if no one reads it and it was just to get it out your system...yet you still sent it and post it on a place where you WANT feedback.

And also because I can't see why you are ranting at someone for having an OPINION which is their job. An opinion which could possibly be right.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I rather like it, Diggers.

Someone, somewhere will read it... and if they get enough in a similar vein... who knows? It might even get passed on to Mr Claridge.

If not, well, what the heck!

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Shouldn't we be discussing our favourite biscuits,

Yes, yes we should, whatsmore, we should all thoroughly read every review on the following site so that we know what we're talking about:

Mmmm nice

Our Mission Statement

Well I think we should all sit down and have a nice cup of tea, and some biscuits, nice ones mind you. Oh and some cake would be nice as well. Lovely.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whats the point of ANTHING ?

We're all going to die anyway. Even Claridge.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm probably on my own here. But I thought what Claridge was saying wasn't that the style of play we use can't work, more that with the players we have now it wouldn't work in the Championship. Due to them probably not being the quality of player you need to play as such in the championship i.e faster/stronger etc.

Which is kinda what Gus has suggest himself by saying that if we have 10 players out of contract only 4 will possibly get a contract.

Smudger...

Feb 18, 2011
I wrote an email to the BBC a while back complaining about the idiotic views of another pundit, Mr garth Crooks. i even got a reply!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here