Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mustapha Carayol on loan from Boro

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Very quick change of pace, and the ball sticks to his feet like messi .

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I posted this on a Ledesma thread on Monday...

More in the Argus about this today. However, I heard something interesting. We actually inquired about Caroyle but was told he was not fit enough to go out on loan, so we brought in Ledesma. We are now looking to return Ledesma and rekindle our Caroyle interest.

Much like many Championship wingers of that ilk and similar to Lua Lua, he is massively inconsistent and injury prone!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Even if he's not there's still value in singing him just to use the Mustapha Shit gag. :jester:

I was going to ask "What is a carayol and why must I have one.?"

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have often said that it would make sense for a team like Forest, after we have played them twice, to loan us any decent fringe players with the hope they will help us take points off of the other promotion candidates, thus helping them.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We've just loaned a DS winger , Monakana , out to Carlisle for the rest of the season

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Great signing! Boro fans in twitter don't seem very pleased about the fact he's been let go. Hope the deal includes the possibility to make it a permanent move.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Proper winger, very exciting signing and another example of the benefit of a manager who understands the league.

He's like Yannick Bolasie, but a proper footballer. :jester:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Clever stuff from Middlesbrough. They'd rather he went to us than Forest because our remaining fixtures mean we're playing teams around them. They seem confident enough to believe he'll make that immediate impact. Of course, this is my perspective.

But our fixture list is: Norwich, Rotherham, Bournemouth, Huddlesfield, Wigan, Watford and Middlesbrough
Forest's: Wolves, Brentford, Huddlesfield, Watford, Blackburn, Ipswich and Cardiff.

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing him play. He appears to be what we need, here's hoping he brings us points from that list.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Great signing! Boro fans in twitter don't seem very pleased about the fact he's been let go. Hope the deal includes the possibility to make it a permanent move.

If Boro go up we could be in with a chance of signing him permanently.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Brian Owen ‏@Brian__Owen 14m14 minutes ago

Carayol got a look at Albion's training base when he played there recently. I believe that was not unrelated to his decision to sign #bhafc

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Maybe a chance of us getting him permanently if Boro get promoted but little chance if they dont i would guess..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Brian Owen ‏@Brian__Owen 14m14 minutes ago

Carayol got a look at Albion's training base when he played there recently. I believe that was not unrelated to his decision to sign #bhafc

I watched that game. That's why his name seemed familiar as soon as I saw it.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Clever stuff from Middlesbrough. They'd rather he went to us than Forest because our remaining fixtures mean we're playing teams around them. They seem confident enough to believe he'll make that immediate impact. Of course, this is my perspective.

But our fixture list is: Norwich, Rotherham, Bournemouth, Huddlesfield, Wigan, Watford and Middlesbrough
Forest's: Wolves, Brentford, Huddlesfield, Watford, Blackburn, Ipswich and Cardiff.

That said, I'm looking forward to seeing him play. He appears to be what we need, here's hoping he brings us points from that list.

What we dont need is another player with a bad injury

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What we dont need is another player with a bad injury
Looking at other clubs in The Championship they also take a punt on players who have been out injured for 6 months or longer and likewise will have players sustaining injuries throughout the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here