Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Musical Instruments Thread

Okay, I bet there are a few NSC'ers who dabble, pick, tinkle and bash away at a musical instrument now and again.
What are you players playing? What's hot and what's not?
Demo videos, classic examples, what have you got and what are you hoping to get some day?

Here's a chap playing a guitar I would like to own....or at least, realistically, some version or semblence in the Gibson Les Paul line of guitars;

[yt]bINgVykAodI[/yt]

p.s. some might spot a little exerpt from a Peter Green riff in Joe B's noodling!

Last edited:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Love to play the guitar or keyboard. But...i'm a drummer so never been able to read music. Played in a jazz band at school which was excellent then never touched a drum kit for 25 years.

Tried the wii rock band thing and realised i could still play so bought a drum kit for the conservatory. Bit noisy and all for fun but i drum away to CD's etc and love it

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Have you ever blown a Piccolo NMH ?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
i play bass,alot easier now with the internet and bass tabs,my favourite bassist is jean jacques burnel from the stranglers

getz

Jan 15, 2010
I bought a nice tenor sax hoping i might emulate my hero Stan Getz twenty years ago.I found it very hard to get a sound out of it. So now it lays in its case,unloved and unplayed under the stairs cupboard.

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
I'm playing the ukelele at the moment, fun little instrument.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I'm playing the ukelele at the moment, fun little instrument.

I love my uke. It is so easy to play as well which makes it quite nice. It can be hard to find tabs sometimes though and I really can't be bothered to work songs out myself.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I have been singing for a few years and I have been learning to play guitar since Crimbo, Have been a bit shy with practising lately though due to work and decorating indoors.

IMG_0715.jpg

My Tele, whacked a humbucker in the middle and popped on a black scratchplate. Only a Mexican, but still sounds beautiful! :guitar:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I play a little bit of acoustic, drums and try and sing......which reminds me, my band is still looking for a drummer if anyone can help! Link in my sig.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
View attachment 31252

My Tele, whacked a humbucker in the middle and popped on a black scratchplate. Only a Mexican, but still sounds beautiful! :guitar:

Don't sweat that its not a US model, if it looks good and crucially feels good to play who cares.

My pretty poor guitar playing has fallen by the wayside in recent years but my axe of choice was a lovely black Fender Japan 62 reissue Strat with a lovely maple neck. Rather sadly I fully admit to getting it in black because it then looked a bit like Dave Murray of Iron Maiden 57 Strat. It's got a standard whammy and having gone through a 'Yngwie' phase I stuck a Di Marzio HS3 stacked humbucker in the bridge position.

To be fair after all this I was pretty poor but could knock out a few simple riffs and some mindless widdlying. And all cunningly flattered by a Zoom 3030 multi effects pedal board for instant U2 rip offs.

If I had money to burn I'd plum for a sunburst 58 Les Paul Standard and perhaps one of Steve Vai's Beautiful gold hardware and vine inlay Jems. Of course they'd be wasted on me but I'd just hang them on the wall and drool:)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I'm a woodwind man got grade 8 clarinet and played in bands and orchestra used to be a sessions musician when a student for a few quid.
I currently play sax, clarinet and sing vocals for a band here, we're doing alright and recently played for a hour at a Music in the Park festival.
I will try to attach a picture of me playing.
Probably won't work as I'm not that technical.
That's me playing the clarinet with the purcussionist in the back ground in the middle picture, you can just see the neck of my sax in the background.
I will try to upload a picture of the whole band with me on sax.:guitar:punk:

Attachments

• Park Poster.jpg
    Park Poster.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 16

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here