Musical Instruments Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
This is my Tanglewood TW47E, it is a piece of art, it has taken about 2 years to warm and the tones from it now are gorgeous, I wasn't sure at 1st but would not be without it for the world. I am however also looking at getting a Seagull S6 at some stage just because I like the name and badge.

sundancetw47blarge.jpg

This is my Tanglewood TW47E, it is a piece of art, it has taken about 2 years to warm and the tones from it now are gorgeous, I wasn't sure at 1st but would not be without it for the world. I am however also looking at getting a Seagull S6 at some stage just because I like the name and badge.

sundancetw47blarge.jpg

That's a beauty - and a British instrument company for a change!
They make electrics too of course.

[yt]sSf8WaSuilo[/yt]

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
That's a beauty - and a British instrument company for a change!
They make electrics too of course.

[yt]sSf8WaSuilo[/yt]

Yep it was a 40th Bday pressy and I tried many Takamines etc but was adament that I wanted to buy British, as soon as it was in my hands I loved it but was not sure about the look of it, however my hands and ears were what was important and I am now so pleased with it.

Yep it was a 40th Bday pressy and I tried many Takamines etc but was adament that I wanted to buy British, as soon as it was in my hands I loved it but was not sure about the look of it, however my hands and ears were what was important and I am now so pleased with it.

What? It looks amazing! If it sounds great too, that's a proper gem mate.
Takamine can make lovely guitars of course....but I tried finding one with that special sound I'd heard on records and vids and failed.
The enduring memory of hearing one played by Chris Isaak doing 'Solitary Man' stood out, as he played a solo that had bright, sparkling and resonant rich tones.
The first chance I had a got hold of one and it was like an unplaned plank, it was a dog to play.

Anyway - here's a picture of an interesting looking guitar, when it comes to looks!
The Lindert 'John Henry'
Lindert-John-Henry.jpg

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
What? It looks amazing! If it sounds great too, that's a proper gem mate.
Takamine can make lovely guitars of course....but I tried finding one with that special sound I'd heard on records and vids and failed.
The enduring memory of hearing one played by Chris Isaak doing 'Solitary Man' stood out, as he played a solo that had bright, sparkling and resonant rich tones.
The first chance I had a got hold of one and it was like an unplaned plank, it was a dog to play.

Anyway - here's a picture of an interesting looking guitar, when it comes to looks!
The Lindert 'John Henry'
Lindert-John-Henry.jpg

I am going to miss the play off's as I will be at my timeshare in spain (back for final), I have alway's promised myself to visit this place but I knoiw if I do it will come at a cost. Maybe this year is time to visit. It's a factory where they make authentic spanish guitars by hand. Click the english flag top right.

CUSTOM GUITARS, LETS DO YOU OWN CUSTOM GUITAR,

Last edited:

I am going to miss the play off's as I will be at my timeshare in spain (back for final), I have alway's promised myself to visit this place but I knoiw if I do it will come at a cost. Maybe this year is time to visit. It's a factory where they make authentic spanish guitars by hand. Click the english flag top right.

CUSTOM GUITARS, LETS DO YOU OWN CUSTOM GUITAR,

Hmm, I'm not so sure I'd feel secure about some of those designs - a little too easily breakable for my tastes!

Wickerman

Aug 24, 2011
Horam
Okay, I have watched about an hour or more about this instrument, and particularly like the Dido video that features one (highly).
For my ear, the more effective use of it is in application for very ambient sustained sound.
What I would like to ask you when you try it out, is how does it beat using a guitar (I know the answer to this, because you can have two hands...or more! ...playing the same instrument....but is this effective?)
When compared to, say, a clavinet or synth, can it stand out on its' own as an instrument that deserves a place in a band?
I am thinking that a keyboard with a range of sounds can envelop all that a Harpejji has to offer. Could this be correct?
Could it be applied in an orchestra?
Is this instrument very different from the Chapman Stick?
Is it simpler to learn and play than instruments it could take the place of?

I imagine you might have a checklist that's more comprehensive than that, but I'm interested to know what you think about it anyway.

[yt]uG5HtBL-2vs[/yt]

I genuinely feel that the Harpejji can most certainly stand out in a class of it's own because of the very fact that it encompasses the playing styles of both the guitar and the keyboard. As it is totally acoustic it also has the feel of individual strings as per the guitar but not in a keyboard and you can play 10 notes which beats the guitar. there has yet to be the coverage in bands due to the high cost, but there are only 80 of these instuments in the world right now and only 3 in the UK(not including mine when I get it) of which Coldplay had the first. It has seperate outputs for the lower 8 bass strings and upper 16 in the K24 model which allows the player to be a bassist at the same time using different amps if he/she wishes. As to how easy is it to play? I've no idea yet, but i'm gonna give it one hell of a thrashing!!! and some Lurve too!!!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
My modest collection of basses - 4 Fenders, a beautiful custom build by Martin Petersen at Sei / The Gallery and an early 1980s Ibanez that I've just acquired via ebay.

Attachments

• Mid Sussex-20120403-00072.jpg
    Mid Sussex-20120403-00072.jpg
    987.1 KB · Views: 21

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I've been playing an Eb Tuba in the school band for about 4 years, I'm part of the school 'Ukelele orchestra' (it's fairly new although I've had my uke for much longer), I've played keyboard for several years but never had lessons.
As part of my music GCSE I did sing, but I don't claim to be anything brilliant.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
My modest collection of basses - 4 Fenders, a beautiful custom build by Martin Petersen at Sei / The Gallery and an early 1980s Ibanez that I've just acquired via ebay.

Nice. I love a nice collection of basses!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports