Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Murray to Watford

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Maupay and Connolly - safe as houses.

Maybe we're hoping for more goals from Midfield. Just hope neither get injured this season. Who would have said that last summer - a year ago I didn't even think Connolly would be a potential essential part of our first team squad. Little did I know.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Can someone explain the benefit to our club of loaning him out , when he is out of contract next year, rather than sell him ?
If the loan has no immediate recall

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Another loan out together with Duffy etc. Could this be the club keeping assets until the end of Covid?

I agree it's Covid related. Probably because non-prem sides won't have the money to but the players outright in these strange times.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's what we thought when Andone and Locadia were loaned out and then again in the January. SURELY this time.:lolol:

Do you remember that song "3 wheels on my wagon" :lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Can someone explain the benefit to our club of loaning him out , when he is out of contract next year, rather than sell him ?

There's no such thing as immediate recalls these days.

Also there's no such thing as anyone buying a 37 year old striker these days.

D

Deleted member 2719

How much do you get for 37-year-old strikers nowadays?

Try before you buy?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Brewster maybe , wouldnt really like that though.

Must be ink drying on an incoming though.

Wouldn't of let GM go without more coming in.

Need 2 in now

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

Maybe the benefit is purely that Watford (presumably will be paying most if not all of his wages for this season), although one wonders why he was given an extra year at his age if there was a likelihood he might move on loan. No real benefit to us.

We all said we needed at least 1 new striker in - I would say now make that 2.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
watford.jpg

Watford can't play to save their lives, Amigo.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
After the catraostphy of that lad failing a medical after the club had announced his signing I'd imagine we'd hear about a new transfer in either today or tomorrow.

Albion legend, travesty he never got a player of the season award. Wonderful first 18 months back in the Prem with us but time did start catching up with him from that point. I do think he's very close to retirement now and will be interesting to see how this goes, am sceptical but he's spent an entire playing career proving people wrong

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Can be any number of things, asset value on a balance sheet, pre-contract agreement, taxation, don't think anyone but PB would really know.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Good luck to him , still a class act and will definitely score goals for them , their free kicks won in dangerous positions will treble with him in the side , best not get too matey with the manager though .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here