Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
If Palace are getting this excited about signing a player from the league below on a free, it just shows their current level of expectation.
I really hope he doesn't go to anyone (let alone THEM), but as has been said before: in Gus (and Bloom) we trust. This is one player - our most potent striker perhaps - but still just one player. Who knows who Gus has lined up from the lower reaches of La Liga, or on loan from the Prem?

We've just had promotion confirmed, with the title set to follow pretty damned soon - lets just enjoy it and worry about the starting XI for next season towards the end of July... It's going to be a long uncomfortable summer if you get your knickers in a twist now!

How so? I bet all of you would be delighted if he signed a new deal with Brighton. On top of the fact a lot of you expect to finish above us next season. For that reason I can't see how signing a 20 plus goalscorer is unambitious at all!

Personally I don't think it's gonna happen. I think he'd fit in well at Palace, we have plenty of young pacey forwards but we need a goalscoring target man.

I said it before that we're in the same situation with Neil Danns. If we stay up and he leaves for Hull, it can't be for anything else other than money as who would want to live in that hole? It makes Croydon look like paradise!

either his agent has a hot line number to South London press, hence the Millwall and now Palarse links to bump up the salary negotiations or he has decided to leave...to be fair i can't spot him in any of the celebration photos. If so, Bridcutt and Bennett are more important hang onto for next year

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Journo that wrote the story has said Gus and Tony have known about this long before today and that they know what they are doing.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Someone want to forward that to the Sky bloke who seems to think its a done deal!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Blimey, people are more hungover than I'd have thought possible, if it's coming down to the *spits* Crystal Palace manager speaking about the most amount of sense in relation to this utterly transparent crap: a shameless agent using the name of a local rival to attempt to scare some very shrewd businessmen into giving him and his client more money. And no amount of attention-clamouring "ooh ooh I know stuff but really can't say anything" drivel being posted by a grown man who likes to spend their money dressing up as characters from Star Wars is going to change my view. Unless some more concrete evidence emerges about this. Which I'm pretty confident it won't.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And no amount of attention-clamouring "ooh ooh I know stuff but really can't say anything" drivel being posted by a grown man who likes to spend their money dressing up as characters from Star Wars is going to change my view.

:laugh:

westy

Jul 25, 2003
In which case, where did i leave that pitchfork and torch, got me an agent to run out of town :hilton:

This should now be case closed, he aint going to Palace.

Lets get behind Glenn Say in the way everyone got behind Benno when there was all that Norwich talk. Im sure Glenn will be here next year, top player and we are a top club.

Onwards and upwards.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Im glad that Dougie Freedman came out with that line about Palace not being able to afford him, because until then my feeling was that if we cant afford him despite selling 16000 season tickets and massive amounts of corporate money coming in, and Palace can then they really haven't learnt their lessons AGAIN.

So im glad for Palace, i want the rivalry to continue for mant more years, they might not survive a third attempt at administration.

Still want them relegated though, but alas i think that might have to wait at least another season.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Im glad that Dougie Freedman came out with that line about Palace not being able to afford him, because until then my feeling was that if we cant afford him despite selling 16000 season tickets and massive amounts of corporate money coming in, and Palace can then they really haven't learnt their lessons AGAIN.

So im glad for Palace, i want the rivalry to continue for mant more years, they might not survive a third attempt at administration.

Still want them relegated though, but alas i think that might have to wait at least another season.

Wise words.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I will happily put my neck on the line and say he will still be here next season. If you were in his shoes, what would be the best way of negotiating the best offer ?.

This would be it. Fair play. But even if he went elsewhere it won't be to that shithole. They are GASH, and Glenn knows it.

Chill out people.

------------------

Freedman: Murray deal talk is not true
Wednesday, 13 April 2011

By Richard Cawley
PALACE boss Dougie Freedman has dismissed reports that he is closing in on the signature of Glenn Murray.
There was a claim earlier today that the 21-goal Brighton striker, who is due to be a free agent in the summer, is on the verge of making a switch to the Seagulls’ arch rivals.
But Freedman, talking to the South London Press, was quick to knock the story down.
He said: “It’s not true and in my experience of the game it is probably the agent trying to work Brighton for more money - and he’s just picked local rivals to wind them up.
“I know a lot of clubs are in for the kid - so why pick Crystal Palace?
“He’s on a free transfer and I expect Glenn Murray to be too expensive for us.”
Follow me on Twitter - @RichCawleySLP.

I rest my case

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
and respect to Freedman too, he could have stirred the pot but has given an unequivocal comment there.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
And no amount of attention-clamouring "ooh ooh I know stuff but really can't say anything" drivel being posted by a grown man who likes to spend their money dressing up as characters from Star Wars is going to change my view. Unless some more concrete evidence emerges about this. Which I'm pretty confident it won't.

Nice.

I am glad Freedman has said it is rubbish. Hopefully everyone can relax now and get back to enjoying promotion.

But, the fact remains that the rumour was coming from more than once source. I only mentioned it after Sky Sports News did it and others said they had heard similar.

I think the lesson here is that either clearly his agent is stirring to get a better deal, hence the rumours emerging from various directions, or Palace are keeping schtum. Wouldn't be the first manager to deny making a move for someone only to later sign them. Fingers crossed (and most likely) it is the former.

Last edited:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne

I said it before that we're in the same situation with Neil Danns. If we stay up and he leaves for Hull, it can't be for anything else other than money as who would want to live in that hole? It makes Croydon look like paradise!

Nothing makes Croydon look like paradise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here