Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Article has been pulled from the Sky Sports website.
What will be will be at the end of the day, He will be a loss but i wouldn't be surprise if Gus, Tony & John Stephenson already have an A, B & C plan lined up if he does go.

I for one won't give him stick in a million years he's done so much for us this season & we shouldn't forget that.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If there is any truth in this, then it would suggest one thing. Poyet does not want him and if thats the case, then thats good enough for me. Gus did not seem worried about to much on the radio this morning, talking about his future with us. Then Martin Perry saying on radio, whatever Gus wants the chairman will give him, within reason.
I would think whatever Palace can offer, we could now match if Gus wanted to, which would suggest he does'nt. Ive got a feeling, the players who are going to turn up at this club over the next few months, will more than make up for anyone we may or may not lose.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think the club need to make a statement and nip this in the bud now.

What can the club say or do, and is this week really the right time?

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I will happily put my neck on the line and say he will still be here next season. If you were in his shoes, what would be the best way of negotiating the best offer ?.

This would be it. Fair play. But even if he went elsewhere it won't be to that shithole. They are GASH, and Glenn knows it.

Chill out people.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think the club need to make a statement and nip this in the bud now.

Why ?

If the club had to issue a statement on every transfer rumour and piece of tittle-tattle speculation that appears in the media, they'd be making about 20 statements a day come the summer. Its that time of year. Get used to it.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

or

selhurst-park-136398.jpg

Hmmm.....

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
The key point is this is not about Murray, it's about the Albion's wages ceiling. In particular, it's about whether the ceiling is at the correct level or not.

Bloom knows what money the club will have at it's disposal. It would be irresponsible of Bloom to break the wage structure to accommodate one or two players and could set us up for a fall. I like the approach of setting a cap on wages and communicating that to the players now. Anyone who wants away can go with our blessing - Murray included. He's got a family to feed and if he can get a shedload more money at Palace then so be it.

In Gus We Trust. But up to a point. Losing, say, all 4 of Murray, Bennett, Calderon and Bridcutt over the summer would have a disastrous effect on the side. Even Sir Alex failed to adequately replace the likes of Ronaldo and Tevez, with Chelsea winning the double last season.

This is a new era for the club. Setting a wage cap is a good idea. When a player arrives they either like the wages, and if they don't they need to find somewhere else to play. I would rather have stability. I really don't want to see headlines in The Argus like "Brighton and Hove Albion up for sale", does anyone remember that?

We now have the facility in place to run the club properly. But what we can't start doing is paying out silly wages to players.

Your going to hate what I say here, but the new people who will employed at the club need to turn Brighton in to a brand that people will buy, so its not just about the football.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Not that it means that much, but his latest tweet, "Promoted!!!!!!! Come on!!!!!!!!!!! Fans were brilliant!!!!! What a night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #bhafc"

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Not that it means that much, but his latest tweet, "Promoted!!!!!!! Come on!!!!!!!!!!! Fans were brilliant!!!!! What a night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #bhafc"

Thought it was well established that this twitter account is a fake.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If there is any truth in this, then it would suggest one thing. Poyet does not want him and if thats the case, then thats good enough for me. Gus did not seem worried about to much on the radio this morning, talking about his future with us. Then Martin Perry saying on radio, whatever Gus wants the chairman will give him, within reason.
I would think whatever Palace can offer, we could now match if Gus wanted to, which would suggest he does'nt. Ive got a feeling, the players who are going to turn up at this club over the next few months, will more than make up for anyone we may or may not lose.

Excellent post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here