Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to Palace

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
He has been fairly consistent since day 1. He is now our most complete and important player. I really don't think he is suddenly going to put in less effort when he is signed up to a new contract.

The most improved player for the first half of the season was Adam El Abd. The most improved player for the second half of the season since he knew his contract would only be renewed depending on his performanec has been Glen. Glen's performances over the last 5 months have been fantastic, but would you have said he was our player of the deason last November?

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
At the start of the week, i heard that it might be Murray's last game for the albion. He better not though, if he did move I would love it for us to beat them.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The only party we have officially heard from is Dougie Freedman who has said this is a non-story. They are not interested and they don't have the cash.

Even if Murray did leave in the summer did anyone really believe that Palace are in a position to make the most attractive offer, GET REAL! He could do much better than that.

As with any story regarding Glenn people are prepared to believe the worst despite the fact he has done nothing but put in a fantastic effort for the Albion this season, the 21 goals speak for themselves. Give the guy a break, his next contract is a big one for him and he has to get it right. If we really want to keep him then I am confident we will. If he does leave then I suspect that all parties will be happy and Gus will have a more than adequate replacement lined up.

As for saturday Glenn deserves our unqualified support as we hope to secure the title hopefully with his goals hitting the back of the net. Honestly sometimes I despair at the fickle nature of our support, I really do.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
The only party we have officially heard from is Dougie Freedman who has said this is a non-story. They are not interested and they don't have the cash.

Even if Murray did leave in the summer did anyone really believe that Palace are in a position to make the most attractive offer, GET REAL! He could do much better than that.

As with any story regarding Glenn people are prepared to believe the worst despite the fact he has done nothing but put in a fantastic effort for the Albion this season, the 21 goals speak for themselves. Give the guy a break, his next contract is a big one for him and he has to get it right. If we really want to keep him then I am confident we will. If he does leave then I suspect that all parties will be happy and Gus will have a more than adequate replacement lined up.

As for saturday Glenn deserves our unqualified support as we hope to secure the title hopefully with his goals hitting the back of the net. Honestly sometimes I despair at the fickle nature of our support, I really do.

can't be bothered to trawl through the other 20 pages of this nonsense, but surely this post just about covers things.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

400% this

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Two million times this.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Great post Hotchillidog.

The way Sky reported that a deal was effectively done appears to have been pretty well negated. I guess we should be used to lazy journalism and cynical enough not to believe what they present as the truth but there you go...............................

You are absolutely right that Saturday is the chance to show Glenn how much we value him by cheering him on - I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with a variant on the Bennett song already :lolol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Infinite this

and no returns

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Im glad that Dougie Freedman came out with that line about Palace not being able to afford him, because until then my feeling was that if we cant afford him despite selling 16000 season tickets and massive amounts of corporate money coming in, and Palace can then they really haven't learnt their lessons AGAIN.

So im glad for Palace, i want the rivalry to continue for mant more years, they might not survive a third attempt at administration.

Still want them relegated though, but alas i think that might have to wait at least another season.

Come on you do really WANT to the see the away end in glorious red'n blue, dontcha?:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Again, this. I'll be there Saturday and cheering Glenn Murray throughout. One of the most influential players of this season and we should let him know that. NSC can be so disruptive and subsersive at times.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
NSC can be so disruptive and subsersive at times.

Can it really? I mean REALLY?

Its read and used by a hardcore of probably a Hartlepool away following, so 100 or so, at most 200 tops. The rest just dip in and out now and then. It amazes me when people think NSC has decided so that must be it then. No. NO.

What NSC is full of is angry internetters, who in effect are serial killers, but who dont have the social skills to interract with their victims.

I would say its a very SMALL % of our fans overall. Probably even smaller with our new JCL fans on board.

Last edited:

Can it really? I mean REALLY?

Its read and used by a hardcore of probably a Hartlepool away following, so 100 or so at most 200 tops. The rest just dip in and out now and then. It amazes me when people think NSC has decided so that must be it then. No. NO.

I would say its a very SMALL % of our fans overall. Probably even smaller with our new JCL fans on board.

I dip in and out for this very reason. I agree with your sentiments but as it stands now, we should be 100% fully behind every player this season and not let conjecture get in the way.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Having watched back the highlights of the Daggers game this morning one thing stuck out for me. As the final whistle goes Murray is ELATED. Now if I was a player who had already agreed a deal to be in the Championship elsewhere i dont think i would have jumped up for joy at being promoted. Of course as a player you want a good cv, but that was elation, no doubt. Especially as he is well known for being one of the quieter characters.

Also, I read Freedman's statement in much the way as I used to read our 'dismissal' stories from a few years ago. Basically it was a means of informing the fans to not get there hopes up and be realistic about the funds available. Whenever we were linked with a more well-known player Knight would do the same, and he was right.

Murray may go, and good luck to him if he does. But, if it was Palace, I would be absolutely gobsmacked. Financially they are in deep and they are going stale on the pitch. It would be an odd switch.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
can't be bothered to trawl through the other 20 pages of this nonsense, but surely this post just about covers things.
Actually quite a bit of this thread wasn't about Murray but Palace fans saying they hadn't really been in self-inflicted financial trouble, they'd just been a bit 'unlucky'. Unbelievable. So yeah, on reflection 'nonsense' is actually a pretty good word.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I can't believe this has had over 300 replies.

Really? Top scorer off to hated rivals? I'm surprised its slowing down..

Theory:

Murray has had 'interest' from various places, including Palace, but would quite like to stay. Agent would be pissed off if he stays because the pay-out on an out-of-contract striker who has just scored 20 goals in a season would be MASSIVE. So agent leaks the Palace interest, in the hope that Brighton fans give Murray grief and give Murray cause to leave

:shrug:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

THIS
the story started with Sky news so it will be bollox
I would have thought though that Glen would have come out and denied the reports and I'm sure his contract talks are still on going

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here